Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So games dont last longer than 40 minutes (which is good in my book because life happens occasionally), and this game seems enjoyable playing alone since there's only one winner each round?

Are there any huge annoyances I should know about before I pull the trigger? If the devs straight up abandoned the game (which I have to assume with early access), is there still enough meat on the bone for fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
thanks for the writeup and the dangerous enabling of my potentially bad life choices!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
that feel when you and another player are trying to find the gun first between a few small houses 😰

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I hate games of this nature but after screwing around with it last night I can say it's fun for a filthy casual like myself. Gonna have a friend over tonight to try it out and see if it sticks (and maybe I can con him into getting a copy so we can do doubles) 😎

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

insomne posted:

I've hated the previous games in this genre except for the very early Day Z mod for ArmA II, but for some reason this game sticks and is a blast.

If you're not typically the biggest fan of this genre but are interested -- definitely give it a shot. Worst case scenario you can return it through Steam.
Same here. DayZ and similar games had this idea that you'd work together and form uneasy groups and alliances, but the meta turned into kill-on-sight (and in that case why not just play a tactical FPS). Not to mention the cheeky snipers undoing hours of playtime by capping you in the dome. With the shallow survival focus and (comparatively) short rounds, its pretty easy to pick up and play.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
How lethal is hand to hand in these games? Is it like a CS:GO knife strike or like ARK where your hands get all bloody and damaged from punching animals and people?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
performance aside, is there any downside to having high settings enabled? Like could someone play the game at lowest settings possible to spot people easier? I've had this problem in a few games where I feel like I'm being sneaky but I'm called out because none of that stuff actually renders at distance if someone is playing on low.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

AndrewP posted:

People are saying if you turn off shadows and foliage to the lowest setting it makes people easy to spot. I don't bother because I'd rather my game not look 2005-era for a slight tactical advantage.

Yeah I feel this goes into turbo-sperg category, but it makes it less enjoyable to focus on concealment because the shadows and non-tree foliage around you doesnt actually exist.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
yo my dudes how do i traverse giant swaths of no mans land without a vehicle or scoped weapon to defend against hill wookies? My last handful of deaths have involved me being picked off from afar by some invisible spirit.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Three-Phase posted:

4. Who is this by the tree is that you?

4. I died late game once because I wasn't sure if I was looking at a bush or a sniper. (it was a sniper)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Ended up refunding the game because being killed by someone really far away without the ability to retaliate or easily hide is pretty unfun. Yeah every FPS game has that, but not being able to respawn sorta ruins it for me. That and my longest lives are usually me hiding most of the time, which isn't terribly fun either.

I haven't sworn off the game entirely though. I still love the premise immensely.

• Locked thread