Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Camping the bridges as the circle forces people to drive across is pretty consistent. Headshotting people out of cars is easier than one would think.

The only downsides are the empty car careening away from you and having to do a risky run across to some point on the bridge if you want to get to their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Just jumping-panned a dude from behind and oneshotted him. We got #2 but that was worth it.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
A friend said that Nvidia Experience's preset settings helped his FPS. Curious to see the results, me and another friend queued solo on the Asia server (We were in separate games).

Both of us got #1 with little effort. :psyduck: On any other server I would have made mistakes that would be punished with instant death. People would catch me with my pants down and surround me, only to just sort of run in a straight line away from me. Last guy hid in pictured shack and died to gas. He had at least a couple of opportunities to absolutely destroy me as I was dealing with the 3rd place guy.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
That could be it. I assumed MMR would be shared between regions though.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I think a couple of the various Counter-Strike derivatives are popular in Asia and I know that Overwatch got huge in South Korea. I'm sure the server will be full of people ready to K98k me from across the map if I try that bullshit again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Jiro posted:

Anyone running an Nvidia card used that new 388.71 driver? I'm running a 1060gtx on a laptop should I update the driver?

I have an Intel i7 7700k and a GTX 970 with the new driver and the game is running way above 60 on medium/high settings even in the lobby on 1080p. Didn't play the test server so I don't know if the driver is contributing much to that improvement from a few months ago.

• Locked thread