Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just got the game like everyone else on the planet seems to be doing and just got a couple questions.

Is there a easy way to identify what direction I'm being shot at or where the boolets might be coming from?

Are there any tweaks to a .ini file or something to improve performance and/or gameplay, can't seem to go above 1 FPS above very low on everything and sometimes scopes can lag for a second, my computer is old but not that old.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

RizieN posted:

Wanna see a dude own three of us with a cross bow and then my friend get triggered and stop being my friend for two weeks? This is a regular thing with our "toxic" bro. I wish I would've just responded with "ehhh I don't think I'm gonna make the LAN dude" since that would've been funnier than just trying to bite my tongue. e; video is from another friend's perspective, not the screamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8-8jY7lucQ

Also, my buddy posted it on a reddit thread which featured tons of comments like :

Why do you play video games with that guy? legit question.

"friend gets hit by crossbow in the exact same manner he did" WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH YOU HOW CAN YOU NOT DODGE THAT.

That was literally just 30 seconds into a match, how toxic does he get if he actually invested time into a round?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This might of been posted already, but if so it's still worth reposting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt-3mPgyA24

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd just be happy if starting out you were given more then 2 choices of similar clothing, let the whales spend 500$ to get their matrix coats and boots with 2 buckles instead of 1.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This game could use a button to mute every mic on the plane and then unmute when you get off.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Why are crossbow bolts reloaded with the same speed as if they were made of a volatile explosive? takes ages to reload every shot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I mean, if a guy wants to play the game using a guitar hero controller, good on him, but I'd probably not want him on my team.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Parallel Playa posted:

The speedhacker I reported is still playing :(

That is the only instance of cheating I've ever come across in this game though

Yesterday my entire group was downed by full auto headshots from a single guy the instant anyone had line of sight of him, one getting headshot by a kar98 while the guy was in the middle of the changing weapons animation, was the first instance of someone using a aimbot I saw in the game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also keep in mind with everyone wearing bullet proof vests, them legs aren't protected, go for the crotch shots.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
To fix the afk problem, remove the free participation rewards, double the rewards for surviving and killing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What are the ideal reshader settings for maximum player visibility?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
AKM seems a decent long range assault rifle when you don't have access to a SKS.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm worried less about the obvious cheaters who run at warp speed and instant headshot anything that pops into view distance, more worried about the cheaters who know how to keep it on the downlow and not too obvious.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Have the Pubg guys ever mentioned if they wanted to have grass render at longer distances? until the circle closes in enough that the grass always renders your always at risk of someone seeing you laying prone in plain sight and sniping you.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
But if you are doing it in singleplayer, you aren't making other people angry, that's largely the point.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A month or two ago my squad of friends all got aimbot full-auto headshot by a akm or uzi from 200+ meters away, you were visible to him and zap you dead, we were doing pretty good too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Little makes you feel like quite the master trapper then just dropping a firstaid kit in the middle of a house and then sitting in a corner until someone comes around.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
M4 has a extra attachment slot, Scar has high fire rate with less damage per boolet, so M4 makes a better assault-turned sniper while the scar is for spraying full auto.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I assume some of the perception of chinese cheating more also come from stories like this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10132391/Riot-after-Chinese-teachers-try-to-stop-pupils-cheating.html

https://qz.com/96793/chinese-students-and-their-parents-fight-for-the-right-to-cheat/

quote:

The rift amounted to this: Metal detectors had been installed in schools to route out students carrying hearing or transmitting devices. More invigilators were hired to monitor the college entrance exam and patrol campus for people transmitting answers to students. Female students were patted down. In response, angry parents and students championed their right to cheat. Not cheating, they said, would put them at a disadvantage in a country where student cheating has become standard practice. “We want fairness. There is no fairness if you do not let us cheat,” they chanted.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anything that can be done to stop fps dropping when in a firefight?

On a somewhat old at this point computer with 8 gb ram and a GTX 660, runs the game at 40-45 fps on very low everything but once I get shot at the fps drops to 15-25 and that little second or two long slide-show means it's hard to win a close up fight.

Maybe the next patch will help with the fps issues?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Processor? Bumping a few graphics settings up may take some load off of your CPU, it's worth a try.

intel core i5-4670 quad core 3.4 ghz, it's probably showing it's age by this point, but handles every other game on high or medium.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And before I fill up the thread with more hardware talk, would a 8 GB ram to 16 GB ram change improve much of anything?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The first red zone I was ever in the open for in this game was on top of the mountain below georgopol, was hunting down someone on the mountain and a second after I kill the guy the first bomb to drop is right on my head.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gotta say, getting aimbot sniped from across the map by a guy with a chinese name with numbers at the end sorta kills my drive to play.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like you guys underestimate the value of a silenced pistol for taking out someone who didn't notice you without alerting everyone nearby where you are and immediately getting shot at by everyone you didn't notice in earshot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am a fan of the .45 pistol myself.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Here is a question, if your view distance is set to very low you won't see trees in the distance but will see players, so my question is if you see a player on a mountain that should have trees on it and you start shooting him from across the map will your bullets ignore the trees that aren't rendering on your end or will they hit invisible trees?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Another part of it might just be not knowing -where- the loot will spawn in the new buildings, after enough hours on the first map you know exactly which spots in a house can have something spawn at it, your not used to the new buildings.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Jarmak posted:

and add a late game shotgun that doesn't suck so there's more variety.

Excuse me, but you'll find that all of the shotguns are lategame shotguns when the circle is small enough and in fact do not suck.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just take your papa to unnamed groups of houses to start, better to get some basics instead of a mad scramble to pick up a gun first and try to just laugh off any deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gonna guess between beta and release they haven't done much to fix the inescapable holes around the map or floating objects or buildings that have no collision that you can just walk through?

• Locked thread