Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Zzulu posted:

I think this game is good simply because it is so drat open and a lot of unexpected stuff can happen. But it's mostly only good in squads

When I play alone it just feels like I roll the dice constantly, no matter how careful I am. I spend an eternity scanning some place and see nothing, then I run up to it and it turns out a dude was hiding behind a pixel somewhere and I get shot in the back and die

At least with squads your teammates can pick you back up when bullshit happens and there's time for your team to respond to stuff

There is also the fact that 1v1 fights are extremely random because of the constant lag, constant failure for hits to reg, and constant bugs. When you have a couple players you can at least mitigate this somewhat by being tactical. With 1v1 it's pretty much just a dice roll of which player is going to get the good graces of the RNG.

Also, multiple people can search more area for loot and so there is less chance of getting RNG hosed and getting no good weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread