Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have they said anything about doing private servers for events and poo poo like they did in H1Z1 King of the Hill?

Aka this - https://www.h1z1.com/king-of-the-kill/news/kotk-fight-for-the-crown-team-tournament-cw-2017

I always found that kind of thing neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Three times today I got top 5 only to get ran over by some dude in a car. :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So when playing Squads what sort of penalties are there for team killing? Or is that just a "durr get over it" thing Bluehole have decided to rely on?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

underage at the vape shop posted:

you get banned for purposely team killing even if you tk someone whos shooting you

Ashrik posted:

If someone reports you for it (and better yet, records it) you get a temp ban. Aside from that, seems like there's nothing.

OK. Had a dude just kill me for no reason when we were down to final 4 (us 2 vs 2 others) even though we were sitting right next to each other for a good five minutes. Ended up losing too which is why I asked because it's incredibly dumb that stuff would go unpunished.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Canuckistan posted:

Stolen from REddit:

A Korean streamre finds a 7+ men Chinese teamer group identified with red tshirts. After wearing a red shirt, streamer goes undercover in a group, kills everyone with a grenade later, finishing off the last stray that came for revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3FXKoIsJyk

This owns

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet, you killed not only that guy but the whole page formatting.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a controversial opinion: they shouldn't be selling loot crates/keys for loot crates in a game that's still in Early Access.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Here's a controversial counter opinion which will get poo poo on: If you've sold this many copies of a game and are holding $350k tournaments, you aren't in Early Access anymore. "Early Access" is just a phrase to hide behind so they don't have to admit the game is buggy.

This is a good point and I wouldn't consider it a counter opinion to what I was saying or the general gist of it.

succ posted:

why are game reviewers so bad at video games?

i looked both of them up on pubgtracker and they both have below a .5 KDR

Why go gamers get so upset when a game they liked is critiqued by someone who may not be amazing at it?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HatfulOfHollow posted:

If you had to be good at a game to have opinions about it this thread would be like two people.

Let's be honest, it'd be zero people.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait there's a season for this game? :psyduck:

Edit - oh they copied the Hearthstone/StarCraft 2 model for leaderboards.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 30, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wouldn't that then make the "they only have a 0.5 KDR" comment from earlier even dumber?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zo posted:

you can see stats from past seasons

and it's dumb to pick on the fact, but let's face it, sub 0.5 kdr is like glue eating levels

Why have the seasonal resets though, why not have just regular lifetime stats merged into one? What's the value for a seasonal system with this setup?

Like Hearthstone does seasons with resets, but as far as I can remember you don't actually see anyone's previous seasonal stats, not even your own, unless that's changed. However Dota has lifetime tracking and you can see all of that for an opponent or whatever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokubetsu posted:

my first goon game I got yelled at for daring to even step in the same house as another squad member while he was looting

Go figure, people are super tryhard spergs at this game and ruin the fun of it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

get out

of my house

and the game

I'm sorry I ruined your gaming experience friend.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cosmicjim posted:

The guy that accused chaco taco of cheating made an "apology" video. He talked over and over about shotguns are inconsistent. He might as well have said "Im sorry for reporting you because shotguns are inconsistent."
He even responded to a comment in his youtube comments about why it's a bad apology and still didn't acknowledged chacotaco just straight up owned them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3li5MrkIR8

I don't know who any of these people are but this guy is really dumb.

Mostly because he said essentially he reported a guy erroneously because he was butthurt he died after dying in a previous round to a different person, which as a result got the person banned, and that really it's not his fault because the game is "inconsistent" so he was justified in saying the guy hacked when apparently no hacking happened. What the gently caress is wrong with people? :psyduck:

• Locked thread