Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I played this game last night.

It was fun. Especially when I accidentally dropped wayyyy before I was supposed to and ended up way away from my group. Literally everything you do is tense and that's awesome. Will play more tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Don't worry guys I was able to educate my squad on carry capacity thanks to this thread.

you're doing good work

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

My best game yet: Playing 2man squads, landed on the roof of the school at the just behind another squad.

For some inexpicible reason the guy who got there first didn't bother to pick up the uzi lying on the ground. So I picked it up and killed him and his partner. Besides us there were still another two squads wandering around the school. One of them knocked out the other, and then singlehandedly I used the Uzi I had to clean up.

We worked out way to another group of buildings where we were ambushed and my partner was downed. After a camping standoff of about 3 to 4 minutes I got bored and decided to look around. Ended up murdering those dudes too.

I was doing really well until I got too aggressive. I spotted a guy hiding next to a tree just inside the circle and I was going to sneak up on him, but a 3rd guy trying to make a break for the circle messed things up. I got the tree hugger, but the 3rd guy got me. Should have just waited until one of those two killed the other.

I love this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just had my best finish so far. Best of 5.

It gets super intense once it's down to that few. Every move you make is like watching a mini-condensed-action-thriller film

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

ugh, I thought I was being so careful. Went into a build pretty quiet, wasn't moving fast, found a guy camping the roof. I know he could hear me walking anyways, but poo poo I was convinced that hardly anyone else came that way.

uuuugh.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - My girlfriend teamkilled me, then got sniped. GOTY

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I've experienced rubber banding a lot. I've been chalking it up to my own lovely internet connection though which has been performing poorly the past few days.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

taqueso posted:

I wonder if they will add 9x39mm ammo

Nah, you'll get all your VSS ammo from 9mm boxes.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Kibbles n Shits posted:

If they release zombie mode and the current game mode becomes a ghost town it would be a huge tragedy

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

4 top ten group finishes last night but unable to pull off a single chicken dinner.

GODDAMNIT THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Crell posted:

•Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to be spawned in garages consistantly. Vehicles should be spawned at a higher rate in garages, but not at 100%

This is going to be hilarious. Because the multiple fights I've had over cars recently will now not end with one party driving away and will just become a fist fight at the garage.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Throwing my hat in the ring here with 3rd person being just fine.

You're still going to die to campers in first person view. If anything 3rd person helps you spot campers in many situations you wouldn't be able to in 1st person since you can look around corners.

Whatever I'll still play the poo poo out of this game.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

but lmao @ "there would still be campers in 1st person and its the same!"

There would be, and people would still get mad about it. This is like first person shooter 101. People camp and are successful with it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Well it's not a 1st person shooter so if you don't like it BYE BYE.

What? I said I want it to stay 3rd person originally.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Carebearz posted:

Ah yes, the same lovely argument that pops up every 20 or so pages. Never change goons.

If threads in games weren't entirely based on a rotation of circular arguments WHAT WOULD WE DO??

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Playing a duo, my buddy and I dropped into Pochinki with another Duo who landed on the other side of town. We laid a neat trap inbetween some buildings which forced both of them into my building. I was able to easily knock one off but we couldn't find the other one initially. After about 30 seconds a frag went off near our house but neither of us could place it. Another tense minute passes and my partner goes 'man, I wonder who that frag killed'

"What? What do you mean, who did it kill"
"Well, I saw a message saying it killed someone"
"Goddamnit"

Went and looked downstairs and yep, the other guy's loot was on the bottom floor. He had naded himself trying to throw a grenade upstairs. From where he died he had a REAL bad angle so I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish

In a fit of irony, that game ended with the both of us getting killed by a single grenade because my partner decided he needed to sit on top of me. Still, a decent game with 4 kills.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Agoat posted:

Ever since I started going for kills insead of just surviving my skill level has gone through the roof.

Does wonders for levels of boredom too

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just took 6th with 4 kills in a game. I had the drop on the guy who got me but because I am bad I stayed prone after he hid behind a rock thinking I could hit him without ADS from the hip. He just peaked and started shooting. I could see his head but putting the crosshairs over him and firing just loving didn't work. If there was ever a time to just charge a guy this was it, but UGH I was being a little bitch

Freezing and laying prone especially in tall grass is not a good move. Ever. You're easy to see and you can't aim at anything worth a drat because of the grass. Lesson learned. For like the 6th time. But for reals guys this time I won't do it I swear.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Efexeye posted:

usually a patch that is that large has new assets- maps, art, etc. 5.5 gigs was surprising is all

iirc when you patch a file on steam it downloads the whole file, so even a small edit to a 2 gig file would mean you need to redownload the whole 2 gigs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Carebearz posted:

I've never had issues with lag on the NA servers so......

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Lugaloco posted:

Here's me getting the poo poo scared out of. I'd feel bad but I'm more embarrassed for the guy who couldn't even kill me while I was freaking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFlaMla0Ugw

I've been both people in this video. Being the shooter and loving up a surprise attack and it getting turned on you sucks so hard.

Gotta git gud.

Added: Even worse, the last couple of times I've had the drop so well my opponent was motionless and still had time to move into cover and eventually kill me.

:negative:

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 25, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

It finally happened. After a third place finish just a couple games earlier we made a call to play one more game for the night. Felt good man.

Props to Inspector666 for being the last man standing after the firefight in the final circle (and getting to watch the final kill die to the blue wall)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Personal shotgun anecdote:

Last night I one shot a guy early in the game with the over/under shotty with a choke. He had on a level 1 vest I'm pretty sure. I set up an ambush in one of the Yasnaya apartments. Waited for him to open the door and loot the stuff immediately in front of the door. One shot was all it took.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

It's either edgy racism, or someone blasting obnoxious music. There really is no middle ground.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Just got the closest I've gotten to winning a solo. Took 2nd and was shooting at the guy who won.

:negative:

This game does a number on my nerves I have to sit and chill out for like ten minutes after a game like that.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I use the hold down for point-blank to short range fights where ADS is a liability. When I first started playing this game I pretty much exclusively used ADS and it cost me a ton of deaths because it's that much harder to track something at close range.

idk I guess whatever works.

Also, when holding down you move even slower so you make a little less noise so it's useful for that too.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Deviant posted:

new thread title

uPen posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - A guy was singing why can't we be friends as he ran at me with a pan before I shot him in the face.

Agreed.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

"hey guys there's a level 1 backpack here. anyone need a backpack."
"hey guys keep your eyes out for stocks, i need a stock."
"hey guys i got a smoke grenade so i'll throw it next time we need it."
"hey guys..." *dies to a dude who would have really been easy to hear in solo*

My primary squad has a system where if we feel at all that anybody has dropped into the same area with us that we'll keep chat to a minimum, otherwise this is exactly what my squad sounds like.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Pleads posted:

Those 3 story apartments loving suck for loot though, map-wide. If I ever feel the need for 18 pistols and a bunch of grips for guns I'll never see, I go to an apartment building.

So bitter about apartment loot...

You've had some really lovely luck there friend.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Agreed. Apartments are my standard go-to.

It's not unusual for my group to drop into either the School Apartments or Yasnaya and each get a building all to ourselves and when we're all done we're all pretty much set

Barring that nobody else dropped in the same spot

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo this happened to me twice in a Dacia the other night. Ice Fist, look at this poo poo!

Maybe they should stop and heal

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Personal anecdote:

I always pick up the over-under shotgun at the beginning of the game because it has yet to fail at instantly downing someone with a single shell even post-patch. That said I almost always take an UMP over a shotgun where applicable.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Efexeye posted:

he does have a point though. the endless breathless descriptions of how single rounds went are pretty much just white noise.

I like first chicken dinner posts :shobon:

I'm sorry for being part of the problem.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

I can't think of any possible context in which I would give a gently caress about "kill stealing" in this game. Kills don't unlock anything, your K:D means nothing in the scheme of things since you die once and you're done.

The only kill stealing you do is when you team kill one of us to steal a kill from the bad guys.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I got punished last night for finishing someone off instead of just leaving them downed. I actually made a good play at first. My squad was on the 2nd floor of a house taking on two guys left over from a full squad on the first floor. They were camping the stairs. I jumped off the balcony to the first floor and drilled the first guy, but I had a over-under so I wasted both shells on the first guy. The 2nd dude just walked around the corner and got me right back.

Should have just left the first guy alone after downing him.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Guys I hate to break this to you but unless you actually know the goons you're playing with just jumping into the goon discord is seriously just one step removed from playing with randoms

You know except for the infinitely better coordination and not having to use in-game chat to talk to your teammate? I legit think that I've had maybe two random pubbies out of dozens that didn't just drop wherever they wanted and didn't immediately die because of it. Only one survived longer than the rest of my group - some guy with a Russian accent who got like 10 kills and got us into the top ten.

Playing with goons is good and everyone should do it.

Senor Candle posted:

I've had mostly good experiences with playing with goons tbh.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Squad chicken dinner with all 4 members at full health, gently caress yeah. I only got one kill though, because I am bad.

EDIT: Ok, not full health, but all alive.

This was the easiest game I've played yet. Everything went our way. Literally everything. The circle basically collapsed on our position. The crashed plane in the north central part of the map. Even more hilarious was that to start the game we dropped near Mylta and took a car to the military base.

The rest of the night was pretty glorious too, all top ten finishes, including a massive fist fight in pochinky to open a game.

Stats only recorded the first game though :negative:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Srice posted:

People who play aggressively in squads, how do you go about it? What's your general plan, etc. Been rolling with some friends and it has been a blast but I wanna be more active and spend less time sitting in one spot even when it's the safe move to make. I'm able to do it in solo but I'm having problems in groups since I need more concrete plans to get everyone on board.

Step 1: Drop into high loot % areas (Pochinky, Military Base, School, Yasnaya, Powerplant). Try to 'win' the area. It's the most fun you can have early in the game.
Step 2: Run towards gunfire, not away from it. You may get to pick off some guys that inevitably have to die for you to win anyways.
Step 3: Set up ambushes between high pop areas and the circle (my group did this last night and we basically nailed a group of 4 leaving Pochinky and got all the choice loot from the town without needing to risk a more dangerous house to house fight)
Step 4: Contest care packages. Almost always leads to a fight.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I have goddawful rubberbanding to start almost every game but it goes away after about 15-20 seconds. Like, when I hit the ground and try to open a door it's like pulling nails, but it evens out like right after that.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Stan Taylor posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - I landed on the roof of the school after three other guys and got beat to death with a crowbar in under 20 seconds.

New thread title.

Also, I think the only ways I've yet to kill someone are with a vehicle and with a melee weapon other than fists. Gotta get to work on that.

• Locked thread