Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

I’m surprisingly unworried about this considering how many actual cheaters with aimbot I’ve encountered lately. I mean, this is definitely advantageous but I imagine people using this will have trouble telling when an enemy is in cover or not.

Since hits are client side would the cover even block shots? Whenever I had that bug where stuff didn't render in I could shoot people behind cover most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Stats in a game full of hackers :thunk:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

only use smgs

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They actually nerfed the loot there recently.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

don't those transaction fees just go to steam? the marketplace doesn't give anything to game devs iirc

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Shroud is cool, but all his little hanger-ons are insufferable. Chad and just9n need to go away forever.

Hanger ons? Lol. J9 was a pro cs player for a while wasn't he. And I think Chad's shrouds real life friend since he's over at his house pretty often.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This conversation started because people were talking about watching him, probably a page ago.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I've never been hyped up on Shroud ever since I realized what a huge advantage he gets from his streamsnipers taking him gear on drop and letting him kill them.

I watched Choco win 3 games over the course of like 2 hours, in addition to a bunch of top 10s, and I was way more impressed because he usually drops hot and fights his way out.

And yeah he has 14,000 followers and 777 subs, or did last night when he signed off. But you actually don't need like 1000 subs or whatever to go full time; I know people who are full time at like 3-400. Due to donations and stuff I imagine it can be incredibly tight but if you don't have kids or anything like that and you live in a not terribly expensive place it seems you can make it.

he won plenty of games when he went through the trouble of hiding his screen and before snipers were all over him as well. I think it's mostly the aimbot levels from playing competitive CSGO all the time more than his stream snipers helping him...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

AlternateAccount posted:

The best part about the doc's gimmick is that it allows him to rage in situations where he just blew a kill. Half the time he'll run a clip and realize he wasnt wearing a helmet or something else stupid, but most times he flips out, it's because the game is a dumpster full of other smaller dumpsters all on fire.

The best part of a 'gimmick' is when you can rage out like a monkey and be like haha its just a joke guys

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

daslog posted:

It's different, but I like the realism it adds. Hopefully they disable shooting while Jumping in a future patch.

It's already very inaccurate

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

intel core i5-4670 quad core 3.4 ghz, it's probably showing it's age by this point, but handles every other game on high or medium.

yeah its ur graphics card, i run a solid 70fps on that same cpu with a 1070

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Fun to play once then Uninstall

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

you can't pretend to be a total douchebag as well as he did without actually being a douchebag.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I think the ironic rear end in a top hat attitude here ran him off

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

wait so grimmmz is a fortnite streamer now?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

We could try

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I finally got the chance to play a decent amount of the new map last night. My only gripe is: You really seem to have to stick to the roads when driving, and that sucks for such a large map. Our group got caught three times with people just sitting behind a broke down car on the side of the road waiting for people to drive at them. Is this normal? Is this what people are going to do on that map? If so, it is going to really limit dropping at any of the far corners to try and avoid having to drive a decent distance into the circle.

I did win a chicken dinner though, in the hills! :D

Every vehicle on the new map besides the van is fine at driving offroad unless your driver is negative IQ

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yea, I'm fine at driving, just not straight up the enormous mountains that seem to be everywhere? Yes there are flat bumpy lands here and there, but the majority of the areas in between towns have enormous rocky mountains that aren't really meant for driving, and if you do take them, it takes forever. It's nothing like the Russia map, where you can essentially drive wherever the hell you want. Maybe I need to play it more to learn the routes that I can offroad at without driving up an enormous rocky mountain.

Also are they fixing the horrible shaking when you try to shoot out of driving cars?

Both the buggy and bike go at high speeds up hills and the truck does pretty decent as well. It's not like the Dacia or van where it literally won't accelerate on an incline

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

what are you guys using, hold to ADS or toggle?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Players, we will be leaving Early Access and launching PC 1.0 on Dec 20 11PM PST. The maintenance on live servers for 1.0 will start Dec 20 6PM PST / Dec 21 3AM CET and last for 5 hours. 1.0 release patch notes and our plans beyond the release will be shared with you soon.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Why would you want to play against people who have actual aiming when you're on a controller?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

fletcher posted:

You can punch out car tires

Can I throw my punches into a compound quietly without having to be there?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

its still 30 minutes

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Evilpiggie posted:

Looks like a quality launch so far from the looks of things.

none of them are good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i'm in

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Anyone have advice for my dad lol. He wants to start playing battlegrounds and he's a 64 year old man. He used to play modern warfare 2. I don't think he would enjoy this game but he wants to try.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

Why do you not think he wouldn’t like it? Do you play? Insight would help us give advice.

Probably because he'll get brutally owned over and over. I'll try to duo with him and keep him alive. I was mostly just posting about it and wondering if other goons had the same experience.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I highly doubt he'll change his sensitivity from the current extremely high one. We'll see how he does lol

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just search their name instead

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

My 64 year old father got second in his fourth game. He never shot or saw anyone and died to the circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

twig1919 posted:

There is also the fact that 1v1 fights are extremely random because of the constant lag, constant failure for hits to reg, and constant bugs. When you have a couple players you can at least mitigate this somewhat by being tactical. With 1v1 it's pretty much just a dice roll of which player is going to get the good graces of the RNG.

Also, multiple people can search more area for loot and so there is less chance of getting RNG hosed and getting no good weapons.

Fwiw I almost never feel like my 1v1s are decided by luck

• Locked thread