Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

mcvey posted:

Get down! Shut up!

A Metal Gear style holdup system and CQC would make this the game of the decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Or just don't land school. Landing with a bunch of other people around is a huge dice roll. Early game jank is real. I've died because loot didn't load for me even though I was first on the ground.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Anyone have a box capable of keep this piece of poo poo game consistently above 60 fps at 1440p? If so please post your specs.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Just saw a hacker in the test servers. Landed and then a guy with an AK gets 5+ headshot kills in a row, in the space of a few seconds.

Performance on test build is so much better. Rarely dips below 60 for me.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Awaiting chacotacos horrible character flaw reveal on stream shortly.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

KingKapalone posted:

I got this game a few months ago and have played 31 hours. I'm still awful. I only play in 3-4 man groups. I'm sure during more than half of the nights I've played, I never hit a person with a gun. I can't see where people are when they kill me. They'll get the drop on me/us. When I hear a guy with a Kar or something firing at a distance, I hear two noises, the shot and the dirt impact. I look both directions and have no idea which is which despite the massive distance between the points of origin.

I don't survive long enough to get good at the gunplay and it's hard to want to keep playing to get better since most of the time it's just not fun. Tips are welcome.

If you’re bad at pubg but good at FPS in general then you just need to play more while learning from your mistakes.

If you’re just bad at FPS then pubg is probably one of the worst games to learn because there’s no way to practice outside of a live game. Plus you have to wait a few minutes before actually getting the chance to shoot at someone again after each death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

Shooting people with high ping (ie chinese names) feels ten times worse now. What did they change?

Yea recently died to someone after briefly peeking but they kept shooting at where I was for several seconds and still scoring hits. Demo showed I was well within cover but still taking hits. Would really enjoy region locking people with high pings.

Also I really doubt they would be able to do much about increasing the density of players during the game. Every player within each other’s radius will increase server load. There’s a reason why the game rubber bands like crazy at the beginning, namely because there’s so many people clumped together and fighting at once.

Players actually disappear from view at a little over a kilometer away. The low density that occurs naturally from having a large map and long flight path ends up saving a lot of work for the server. Good luck getting the tick rate up when 100 players are all in a one kilometer square.

• Locked thread