Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
the future of pubg streamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i-4ZFl8P5U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
This new map is great. It might just be because its a fresh face, but man does it feel like a more fun game on this map. Also, the framerates are way better. And I havent seen a cheater yet. If this translates to 1.0 coming out in a bit I will be very happy. I was so burnt out on the old map and constant cheating and brutal FPS I didnt play for about a month. Have got to play about 10 matches so far on the new map and have won 3 or 4 of them.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

The B_36 posted:

I play mostly TPP, both solo and squads, and I haven't seen an obvious cheater in weeks. Both live and test.

You claim to see 2 or 3 every night.

It could be that you are just unlucky and I've been fortunate enough to get into matches that just don't have cheaters on them. Alternatively, I could be lovely enough at shooters to just not recognize when someone is using hacks (a distinct possibility, I'm...not great. Hell I can barely consistently get into the top 5 every single match, which is apparently the new standard for "not sucking"). Another alternative is that you're somewhat overestimating how often you see hacks - you're going to remember every time you die to an obvious hack, and you're going to focus on that and blow it up in your mind so that all you remember are the games you got hacked and forget about the 25 matches you had in between those games.

Probably it's some combination of those three alternatives. What I do know, however, is that not focusing on how many times I see hackers allows me to not see so many hackers and just enjoy the game. Your way seems a bit more stressful and frustrating.

Sucking is a problem and lots of people just get mad when they lose legit, but there are a mass of cheaters again since 1.0 . And I dont think thats even arguable. Whether its 1% of your deaths or 25% of deaths is hard to say, but to say its not happening is just ridiculous. Cheating might be the biggest problem this game faces right now.

patonthebach fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 27, 2017

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Magres posted:

This is the better answer than region locking. Being laggy should make the game worse to play, not turn you into an invincible teleporting wizard who can shoot around corners

I dont think being high latency is an advantage in this game like COD/Halo on XBOX360. I went from having a historically bad ping to a below average ping and my killing has improved dramatically.

• Locked thread