Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I feel like loot crates are always worth going for early. I get so many kills with the M24 or AWM snipers, and it almost guarantees a win if you make top 10 with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Fausty posted:

Anyone here having issues with freezing? For me, what happens is it'll stutter sometimes like it's loading in objects, but other times (most of the time) it'll do the same and it'll freeze for a good 2-20 seconds at a time. Makes it impossible to ever get close to winning for me.

It happens at the most random times. I can be skydiving in, and I freeze for a solid minute and end up in the middle of a city, dead because someone shot me while frozen. Or I can be running in a straight line through a field at 80 FPS, only to freeze for seconds and end up on the other side of the field, or dead.

The only times it freezes for me is when I am loading in during the waiting area. I am getting tons of frame drops and other instability issues.

Good thing this game has kept the ARMA graphical experience :awesome:

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I'm always impressed by the amount of people that jump out of the plane at the first possible opportunity no matter where it is. Those dudes must live on the edge.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone hear rounds hitting the floor when someone shoots? What is up with that?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
The way the body slumps over. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPUmdakCNBo

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You can't shoot through walls (yet), only doors. He said they will add wall penetration sometime.

Thanks. I swear I've been shot through those shacks before.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
H1Z1's devs really screwed their game up and all the big streamers started playing PUBG. I do miss some things from H1Z1, but I'm pretty happy with PUBG.

I just hope they can optimize their game, it really reminds me of ARMA where the game itself was built in a way that could not be optimized, by devs or modders.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So what's the story with H1Z1? Seems like there's at least some story there, since I know Playerunknown licensed out the mod idea to get H1Z1 made but then it seems like just when I was starting to hear about H1Z1 (as someone super not tuned into this kind of survival-esque steam game, you know the type) everyone suddenly jumped ship to PUBG.

Playerunknown's mod in ARMA became super popular and H1Z1 came out with a game that was similar to DayZ and then later added a battle royale mode to the game that then became super popular. There are tons of issues with H1Z1 from a technical standpoint, tons of hackers, teamers in solo queue, bugs, dsync and lag, and other random stuff. They continue to sell loot crates after pretty much abandoning fixing the game.

Lots of people who are playing PUBG worry about the devs dropping support and not fixing the issues with the game.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

already behind of patch schedule
already $30m in the bank

why even try anymore

This is what I worry about, exactly what happened with DayZ.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
iirc the cheat engine PUBG uses is good and they will be doing bans in waves. spending $30 + whatever the cheat engine costs won't hold up for long.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
What are those patch notes even suppose to mean? They need to add a shooting range like every other competitive game where you can practice.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Commoners posted:

Camo doesn't even remotely work in these games because everything you see is the player model's silhouette instead of the colors they have, with exception to someone wearing a neon pink shirt or something ridiculous. The only way camo works in games is if the game has a super lovely color palette and poor resolution so every mud colored player blends into the mud colored everything else or if it is something that breaks up the model's profile like ghillie suits and poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JupOd_oHO94

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I've been killed a few times for jumping out of cars like it's H1Z1. I like to think of my body as a gift for the person who I was about to get the jump on.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Yeah I think they need to adjust the loot again.

It's a different game if everyone needs to hit the big cities for chances at loot but the circle and time stay the same.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
If anything there should be more bolt actions in the game. This is fake Russia so the most common weapon should be a rusted Mosin-Nagant.

Plus open-field combat with Uzis and UMPs probably isn't realistic.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Anyone have advice on sound? I want it up loud enough to hear footsteps, but not loud enough to get my eardrums blown out when I get unexpectedly shot.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Mauser posted:

Ok, this makes a lot more sense now. For some reason I thought there were planes coming in from every angle each match and I just got spawned on a random one.

Up until it got released on Steam, there were 3 planes flying in a line that dropped everyone off. So people in the front plane had an advantage over people in the back plane.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Pan wins me games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXWAddYE-HI

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
The thrill of the early and late game is unmatched for me. But the midgame is awful. People are still looting or waiting for the circle to get smaller. I'm not sure how they can fix this or speed up the midgame.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Someone on Reddit said it was an audio/visual bug with one of the guns.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
anyone feel like there are less ARs?

i know they dont publish some nerfs but ive been playing all day and havent seen many

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
really love never getting x4 so the midgame is a complete poo poo show.

reddit seems to agree that they reduced them this patch

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I just got killed by this guy under suspicious circumstances but can't say for sure on anything. 20% w/r and that high of a k/d has to be suspect though, right?

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/PaCMaN-?region=na

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
50% in solos... what the gently caress is he doing?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Ever since Grimmz started landing at the school all the time, every game I see 20+ people go for it.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
anyone have problems not seeing people land with you? i swear i look all around and think im alone, but i always find people closer than i thought.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

benzine posted:

Watching Grimmz stream, so salty after guy just killed him. Don't know why the need to say so much excuses, as he is such a good player.

He's one of those guys that assigns morality to people's playstyle. Killed 1v1 in an open field: good fight! Killed by someone using 3rd person laying on a roof: trash.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I've only ever fired a Groza once. It would be great if they added a solo gun range to test out attachments and such ffs.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I've been playing with goons and as expected, some are terrible at calls. Asking if I need a vest or helmet when I'm being shot. Taking shots without telling anyone. Talking about random poo poo with 15 people alive. Jesus goons.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
i joined a discord channel and two goons were fighting eachother dropping n-bombs and other poo poo regarding a previous game

other than that, i'm happy to play with anyone, but sometimes people talk too much, but that's allright!

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

underage at the vape shop posted:

shots close south eaHAS ANYONE GOT A BARREL FOR AN AR?

*still looting houses with 10 people remaining*

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
i would play this game more if gunshots didn't make such a loud noise when you got hit. like seriously the loud grunts your character makes and the sound of when you actually get hit arent needed and it actually scares the gently caress outta me every time

succ fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 20, 2017

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Am I missing anything? It's only the crates which will cost extra, the game will still cost 30$ or so.

Though really going with these microtransactions after the game already made them a hundred million dollars is a bit too greedy, imo.

they already said that monetization would happen once the game was released and that turns out not to be the case and are doing it in early access

just a series of stupid decisions from PU, reminds me of H1Z1 and how things progressively just got worse

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Literally all he needs to do is put a three minute delay on his stream and he will never get stream sniped again. Deal with it like everyone else.

Also buy better headphones.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Yeah watching that vod there is no reason for them to be looting those tiny houses with nothing in them while action is happening around them. They are too late into the game to worry about attachments and minor meds, they seemed like they had enough gear to strictly find kills and move towards the circle. They were also slow to realize where the enemy was shooting from even though it was repeated on comms.

That guy is a douche tho.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Grimmmz doing exploits to kill people underwater.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyWonderfulKoalaEleGiggle

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
should i be buying these gamescom crates to sell after the event or hoarding the currency for the next crate?

i want to make as much money on hats as possible

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
this owns, gently caress grimmz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-c0Libe-k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
yeah break's streams are really good and he is a humble dude