Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i bet a lot of you screamed 'NUH UH FAKE' when your childhood friends watched WWE too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah smokes are for throwing at snipers when they've got a bead on you and not much else.

I know the answer to this is 'yes, duh' but is the hit registration in this game really bad? I'm used to CS:GO and there's been several times where I've tapped and seen a blood cloud out of people half a dozen times only for them to finally zero in where I am and headshot me. Pretty frustrating >:\

Still fun as gently caress though

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I heard last night that having all your graphics settings on the lowest besides view distance actually isn't ideal since it forces certain things to be rendered on the CPU rather than the GPU. Does anyone know what the best settings for performance are?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Playing with my friends as a four man squad last night we decided to detour through the tunnels to minimize our exposure to sniper fire and hopefully pick up some gear. As we're sitting near our eventual exit making a strategy for the next phase my friend pipes up:

Friend : Guys- I hear a car....
Me : Alright they're above us so we'll just be careful once we leave the tunnel
Friend : It's getting closer
Friend 2 : Yeah that doesn't sound right- shouldn't we not even be able to hear them?
Me : I mean it's a new game I really doubt they've optimized the sound system that much
Friend : It's getting closer

At this point it was close enough that I could hear the constant screeching of metal against concrete. We all turn and aim our guns at the entrance of the room just in time for a car to come flying up the steps. We light the car up and all the players were trapped since the tunnel width was just barely wide enough for the car itself- none of them managed to escape.

Looting their corpses we found that one of them was carrying 6 red-dot scopes (?????)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Enallyniv posted:

Watching the guys I killed at range try to escape my fire was tragic. This game really needs directional damage indicators.

I've found a clever way to gently caress with people when they don't know where you're shooting them from. Sometimes they'll be running around a rock or something to find out where the 'safe' spot is. Eventually they'll guess correctly but if you take another shot or two directly above their cover or right at it sometimes it'll spook them into rotating again- providing you another shot.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Fried Watermelon posted:

I should be able to look down at my body to see where the bullet hit me and gauge the direction from that

:ssh: you can

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Canuckistan posted:

I've got a nice pair of Sennheiser HD 555 headphones. I should just get one of those cheap clip on mics and ditch my cheapo gaming set.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9PV3ZB3660

I've had this thing going on a decade now and it still works great. Don't listen to people who tell you you need to drop $100+ on a mic unless you're getting into actual professional stuff.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Carebearz posted:

It would be amazing if there was any type of penetration. unless there is and i've just missed it.

Yeah I was about to add that as long as we're posting our wishlist I really want them to add wall-banging. There's a lot of CS:GO habits that are getting me killed in this game. Trying to wall-bang or letting off the trigger after I'm 'sure' enough bullets have hit to take an opponent down.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Great Beer posted:

Aside from making things look more realistic, it makes things more fair. Currently if someone wants to shoot you, they have to expose most of their upper body. That makes sighting them and returning fire a more reasonable possibility and makes shots riskier. If people can take shots in relative safety, people will take potshots at someone every time they try to advance knowing theres a very slim possibility of being spotted and taking return fire. It encourages camping and discourages stalking people and repositioning to get better shots when you can just wait for them to move while they hunt for you.

Also, being able to hide the gun behind cover hides the muzzle flash which makes spotting even harder.

That and the game will turn overnight into who can memorize the most obscure peek-hole sniper spots the fastest and turn into an arms race between the developers focusing on patching out game-breaking tiny holes in geometry vs actually making the game better.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Finally won my first match :drum:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Clip from a game a week or so ago with some goons. We got into a skirmish with another team in the village and decided to book it.

https://my.mixtape.moe/whezoe.mp4

[spoiler]Don't use grenades inside vehicles, kids[/spoilers]

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

if you swing with a pan up you can usually hit sniper shots before they hit your facemask, I do this a lot when I'm running through fields its the only way to keep your helmet intact through lategame

The best part is I have no idea if this is a joke or not

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

EvilHawk posted:

Is there any obvious fix (other than getting a new graphics card + processor) to fix the issue where buildings don't load for a while after dropping in? I usually have to stay still for 30 secs to a minute before anything happens. I'm running a 660 GTX and my view distance is on medium, if that helps.

I'm on a 660 / i5 as well and the game is running smoothly for me. I have all settings on the lowest it will go except for draw distance which I have maxed out. Are you running the game on an SSD?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Elentor posted:

The funnest way to play the game is doing whatever feels more fun to you.

:eek:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Basically I always choose my secondary based on which powerful attachment I find first. If I find a choke I stick with the shotgun, if I find a suppressor I stick with the ump.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

It seems like the 'high value' locations simply have way more spawn points and as such more chances to find good gear.

So actually I have a question: is it possible to find the 'level three' weapons in the wild or are they only found in crates?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

K8.0 posted:

Certain things are crate only - Tommy gun, M249, M24, AWM, 12X scope, Adrenaline... I think that's it. They can also drop certain non-rare items like K98s.

I'm 99% sure I've picked up adrenaline in a normal spawn point before. Those might just be super rare in general but more common in crates.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yodzilla posted:

I've never had a start to a match that I've enjoyed as much as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsnq3mWzr_U

This is sick

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The best part is you know that other player knows that even if he manages to survive that chase he's probably hosed but it doesn't matter and he's still having a blast

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah the two cars glitching out at the end is just the PUBG cherry on top

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

gently caress new rifles I want them to add crazy poo poo like grenade launchers or ballistic shields

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Good soup! posted:

Remote mines, please

Yes!!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

god the bathroom camping if there were ballistic shields in this game would be stupid

Nothing a grenade or the blue can't handle. Easy peasy.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I would be ok with binoculars. In fact I even think the map should be an item you find rather than being given to everyone.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Fauxshiz posted:

This is also a terrible idea. No way to plan for circles without finding a random spawn? Get hosed.

The center of the safe circle could be marked on your compass and you'd still have the 'running man' bar on your UI.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

ThePeavstenator posted:

There's literally no benefit to making the map not available at all times because eventually player knowledge would render finding a map moot anyway.

Yeah but new maps....

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Skoll posted:

That entire sentence makes zero sense to me. Who gives a poo poo about becoming a partner? Why does that matter the least? No one here can even agree on how they even like playing the game.

yeah you're right we should have reached out to you first.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Best final area I've gotten was in the quandary with teams of four. People sniping each other left and right- very nerve wracking.

I just played a game where I got a bunch of kills and was feeling really sassy- got to the final ten and got stuck on a rock in the ruins. I even tried shooting a bunch to try to get people to come fight me so I could at least go out guns blazing but no one came. The blue eventually got me :(

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

jubjub64 posted:

So right before my first solo win I went to this site:
http://www.144hzmonitors.com/games/best-settings-for-pubg-playerunknowns-battlegrounds/
And did all the things it said to do to improve my game except the ini stuff. My game was noticeably smoother and I really think that contributed to my win.

Verifying that following this has way upped my framerate despite having a 5-year old machine to the point that i can actually click heads

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Liveblog: We were driving a car through a red zone and got nailed by artillery. I died but my two teammates were just knocked down. They have zero health and are knocked down but apparently still alive. We're waiting for the blue to take them over to see if they're immortal.

edit: Aww the blue killed them :saddowns:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I just played a match where I got to the center of the zone fairly early with good gear so was just camping the plateau outside of the ruins waiting for an adventure to come to me. I see a cargo plane flying *directly* at me in the distance and start going 'oh please oh please oh please' over and over. it drops the crate DIRECTLY over my head so I find a good bush to hide in and wait.

Total of four different players drove up in their jeeps & motorcycles. Each one after the first ignoring the corpses and other vehicles and blinded by greed. Once it seemed like the party was over I went ahead and opened the crate, getting myself an m249, tier-3 armor and an 8x scope for my ak.

Then just a few minutes later I got bloodthirsty and didn't notice there were less than 20 players and got lit up by snipers from 8 different directions. :downs:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I've spent the last few weeks evangelizing this game and a friend of mine finally picked it up last night.

He got a chicken dinner on his first match ever :cripes:

It was a squad match so his team carried him but still. Everyone in the discord spent the next five minutes telling him how he absolutely shouldn't expect that to happen again for a long time

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Does anyone else feel like the game disproportionately skews to centering on the fields around Pochinki?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I don't really get how people get crates. I know someone out there is getting them, somehow, but it isn't me.

I don't count getting headshot mid looting as getting them

The trick is having one drop near you but not looting it immediately. Instead wait for everyone else around to take the bait and cut them down one by one. Once it seems like people's interest is through you can open the crate yourself.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Badfinger posted:

I don't care how bad you think your teammates are, it could always get worse.

https://imgur.com/ITvIVCb

(One of the QoL things they need to add is colorblind modes)

To be fair I did this for the first time last night. We were in the military base and the constant clusterfuck of new squads jumping into the fray finally confused me

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Man I need to be more aggressive with getting out of my comfort zone and start jumping to new places. That post made me realize I've never been to severny

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

as a for real suggestion i think duos and squads should show how many teams are left rather than how many players are left. it's more interesting and would add stress to the final circles not knowing if that one dude you saw run behind a bush is on his own or if he was bait

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

they should have it so there's a small percentage that wilson from cast away spawns somewhere on the island and if you find him and answer his riddles he'll give you hints to assist you and your team on your journey

if you do really well it turns into a dating sim where if you win the whole server teleports over to you to applause as the island has finally found true love

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

A kill cam that you could play once you and your team were wiped out would be pretty nice. I want to be able to watch myself fire my shotgun into the ceiling twice because i was too close to the banister before they blow my face off

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Is the school even that good loot or is it just because it's a fairly good deathmatch layout and fairly central on the island?

I'm still convinced that there's no actual difference between the different loot areas in terms of probability for getting good drops for any individual spawn zone. It's just that places like the military base or school have so many more spawning points it makes it more likely to find good loot vs. a handful of barns in the middle of a field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Schiavona posted:

What if...

They made pistols better. If I shoot a guy in the loving face, maybe that should kill him before he sprays me down with an AK.

Idk about that but adding CS:GO style aim-punch would be a good compromise

• Locked thread