Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
This is a very enjoyable game to be bad at. Got to the low teens left, I open up on a guy with a M16, almost kill him and then touch off WW3 as I die. Game goes from 14 left to 7 really fast.

I hope random modes show up, something like "only SMGs/pistols/bolt action rifles without scopes" every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Made it to second by being a goddamn coward and hiding in a building for 90% of the match. Only left with the circle moved, got one guy on the way out and followed the circle. At 3 people left one guy spotted me and almost killed me, but before he could finish it, he was shot by the other guy. I was laying down in a wheat field, but the last guy was able to hid in the bushes that line the road. I saw him once and took a shot at him, but didn't have a good angle and he was able to kill me.
I need to try getting into a busier area so I have more practice with shooting dudes.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

AnElegantPeacock posted:

That and killing dudes is a lot more fun than hiding in buildings.

True. This is probably the first game where I haven't done the usual berserker charge I normally do in shooters.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Ahdinko posted:

Surely you want some MC hammer pants? The amount of 5.56 you could hold in those would be unreal

How about some JNCOs. You could carry an additional rifle with those.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

Is this game cool and good solo?

Yes.

Someone running for a car got in the wrong side and just sat in the passenger seat, I shot him twice in the head before he could get out. Got a silenced Vector, but the ranges I was at for the rest of the round didn't give me a chance to use it, but whats the deal with such a small magazine?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Get an extended mag. It's basically not optional.

I can find an extended mag, or a Vector. Never shall the two meet.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

if we're throwing out dumb ideas they should put bicycles in the game with a lil bell you can ring and an add on basket you have to find to let a duo partner sit in

Actually, bicycles in general wouldn't be a terrible idea. You trade off faster moving that is quiet for having a tall profile and difficulty in hiding.

I wouldn't mind having non-combat objects for distractions. Like firecrakers on a long fuse. Or a flare gun. Sure you'd give away your position firing it, but maybe you light up some dude hiding in a bush.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I'm not great at this game solo, but I'm downright terrible at this in a squad.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
It should be possible to set things on fire. Want to hide in those bushes? Now do that while on fire!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
What I like about solo mode is if I get clever and do something smart, there isn't an rear end in a top hat 20 feet away from the person I just shot who will shoot me and revive him.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I drop in the Georgopol shipping yard, run around frantically as people make running punches for a bit until someone finds a AKM. I find a M416, look around for a bit and hit those houses up just south of them. First house, 4x scope and a K98. 2nd house, another 4x scope, more ammo, armor.

Things are looking up. I'm running for that hill just north of them, I hear a car and hit the deck, he runs me over.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Every time I get my perfect loadout I die immediately. Every time I have an Uzi a revolver and level one everything I place in the top 10.

I did have a good game with VSS, but I was forced to move by the blue wall and no healing items and ran infront of someone.

At least I can think of the game in the last game that tried to run me over, flipped the car and I shot him before he could get out.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Rex-Goliath posted:

Pro-tip: the moment you hear a vehicle scan your surroundings for the nearest tree or other obstacle a vehicle can't penetrate. Get close enough to it that you'll be able to hide behind it should the driver decide to Mad Max you. You'll be surprised how often drivers will still try to run you over despite a tree being *right next* to you, letting you get an easy kill.

Yea, I was just a little too far to make it, I thought that since I was in a small depression on the ground that he didn't see me to begin with.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Turns out a motorcycle is a fantastic way to kill yourself if you hit a rock wrong.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Finaly got a duo chicken dinner where I did more then die stupidly. Only 3 kills, one of which was AFK, but still nailing some fool in the face with a K98 was worth it.

Makes up for landing on the school earlier and somehow being in the only place that didn't have a gun.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

I have goddawful rubberbanding to start almost every game but it goes away after about 15-20 seconds. Like, when I hit the ground and try to open a door it's like pulling nails, but it evens out like right after that.

Hasn't gotten me killed yet thankfully.

Me to, it makes a fun first 30 seconds trying to frantically pick up a gun but end up changing pants 5 times.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Ice Fist posted:

I love shotguns. If I land and I see one I will always pick it up and then immediately run and look for bad guys to kill.

I almost always trade it for an SMG later on though if only because I prefer SMGs and think they are a little more forgiving. But shotguns rule the very early part of the game.

I can guarantee that if I drop a shotgun, I will end in a situation where if I had one I'd be alive if I kept it. Last night, found a K98 and a 8x scope, I'm shifting inventory around to make room for it and hear someone coming. I take out my AKM, set it to auto and a dude walks in. I open up on him and somehow miss most shots and I die. Staring at my shotgun sitting on the floor.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Inspector_666 posted:

There's just something about knocking out a guy with one blast, then walking over as you work the action to deliver the coup de grace. It's very...judicious.

Over under is better because instead of the the slowest reload in shotgun history, you just vaporize the top half of someone with a double hit.

I like the Saiga though, it lets me panic fire inside a building and it will probably hit someone.

I'd like to see a MasterKey gun attachment if they could figure out how to do that in game.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I found the House of Shotguns last night. 1st floor had a pile of 2 S686s and a Pump. Upstairs had a pump and about 6 shotguns chokes.

Right now I'm in this weird place where I can get a kill early on, then gently caress up the next time I see someone. Thrown some games that probably would have really gone my way too if I wasn't an idiot. VSS and AKM with 2x/silencer? Dead from a guy running at me with a UMP.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Mauser posted:

My friend insists that we towards the end in duos we find a central one door shack and camp it because he says that's what all the good streamers do. I really hate these stupid huts because you have zero cover when shooting and moving and you're tripping over each other trying to get out and everyone knows you're there. Is he right and I'm wrong or am I right and his strat sucks rear end and I hate it?

Seems like a good way to get murdered by a grenade myself. Or trapped by a circle move.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Finally a solo win thanks to a silenced UMP9. Last circles were in my advantage and the final one forced the guy into the open since it just cut him off from his tree. Mostly luck on my part, but its nice to have a win.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Skoll posted:

I think they just don't want to gently caress with the Unreal models, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's fuckin dumb and I doubt the devs have fired either of these rifles. I am also a massive sperg.

I would kinda think that at the point where they are rolling in millions of dollars in sales that maybe that can do better then stock models. Not saying its important to deal with instead of getting the game to run less lovely, but yea.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Needs flipflops. That would make some dramatic sounds running for the circle.

Also, Heelys!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Was driving across the east bridge from military island and came under fire. I'm down to about 10% health, so I pull around that gas station to the left of the road. I run inside, heal up and I hear a vehicle. Guy is driving down the road, he sees my motorcycle and starts to turn. He turns a little too wide, sails off the rocks past the gas station and kills himself.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Party Plane Jones posted:

The random vehicle directions on spawn is going to gently caress with so many people now.

Yep.

I hope someday there is a random door setting too.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Neon Belly posted:

Wouldn't this just favor campers?

Maybe? I just think it would really make early stuff bonkers.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

VulgarandStupid posted:

I made a video using test server footage, covering the more important parts of the patch.

https://youtu.be/0-HE061RFRw

I like the look of that sunset version of the map.

Also looks like my goal for the next day is to drive around and hit shacks with cars for most of the game.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Finally a chicken dinner that I felt I earned with 7 kills. Got super lucky and ambushed someone with a 8x scope and an AR suppressor for my AKM, plus a lot of healing items. Also I got really, really lucky though, not sure how I didn't get shot a few times, but its nice to have a win.

Also, with the new patch things run a lot smoother now.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
If its in the south west, it needs lifted trucks and El Caminos.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I had a round where I had 3 8x scopes and nothing to attach them too until I looted a small house way out in the boonies for a M16.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Drove up to a crate, pulled out a AWM. Only had a 4x scope for it though. Died before I could even shoot it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

VulgarandStupid posted:

My squadmates always drive me nuts by how long they take to loot a body. Before you even go near the body, make a mental list of what you need and prioritize it. If you have no meds, get the meds, then probably the ammo if you're lacking. Next is armor/helmet if yours got destroyed. Sure it's nice to grab a scope or silencer, but they're even more pointless later in the game. Don't spend minutes running between corpses trying to min/max your gear. Also, I really prefer when only one guy loots at a time, but surely not all squad members can loot at once. If you just killed someone, then someone probably just made a racket and people are going to come looking, so someone has to look out.

I play with a friend and some people he knows from Arma or something, and apparently having a big get together in a house to sort through the haul is a thing. Its one thing to ask if someone has an extra first aid kit or something, but the mid-match tupperware party is weird. Also we lost a match because 2 of them decided to dig through some bodies instead of shooting people.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
5 kills with a car while honking, best patch of all time. Even though the last guy was technically a suicide since he killed me but the car kept rolling.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I went to throw a grenade, the moment I let go of the LMB the server lagged. When it came back, the grenade had disappeared. Then 2 seconds later, it reappeared right infront of me. So that's fun.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
Playing FPP mode, and I ran into an odd thing. I was near the blue wall and aiming at someone running at me, and the game mirror imaged the person running towards me. I'd never seen that happen before, and of course it didn't do that for the guy shooting at me.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Hooplah posted:

Next week's new gun should be cool, but I think we're still missing out not having a lever action. It'd be pretty neat to get a winchester 1894, and they could even use the one chambered for .45. Would be fitting in the new American southwest map.

Having a themed gun game type would be great. Old west style, with revolvers, lever actions and shotguns. Soviet style with AKM, SKS, VSS only and so on.

Or add in an old rifle that shoots something like a .45-70.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
A guy had me in a bad spot, I'm laying down on a hillside, he is uphill from me. He fires at me and takes off 1/2 my health before I see him. I switch to my tommy gun and just spray in his direction hoping to make him duck, and he stands up and gets headshot. A dumb win but I'll take it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
The test servers are super painful until it gets down to the 30s. On this map, loving around looting and then thinking you can drive into the zone is a bad idea, there are a lot of cliffs and drop offs. Also the microbus can rollover at the drop of a hat.

Framerate tanked for me one match and the game crashed the instant I died, so I think something was going on there.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 9, 2017

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Croccers posted:

What?
I thought the new map was meant to be half the size and more condensed.

It seems a little smaller, but it definitely isn't that. They must have changed that plan at some point because I originally thought that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost
I think they really could benefit from seeding the new map with more vehicles. Or add bicycles or something. Seems like even the larger towns only have 1 or 2.

• Locked thread