Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cicadalek posted:

I don't use the goon discord but what I'm hearingis that you join a channel, ask to play a game, and then you have a 50/50 chance to either play a game or being hissed at by a goose who doesn't know how questions work. In both cases you will be insulted afterwards in this thread

Worrying about KDR seems like so against the spirit of the game. It is easy worth dying a hundred deaths in exchange for that one game where you totally manage to ramp a car onto the roof of a house like that one video.

I haven't played for a while now, but I used to play on the goon discord every day and it was fine. Yeah there are tryhard people with their special high KDR channels, but there are also a ton of friendly people who are just up for a game whenever.

Honestly, once you get a bit more experienced with the game, it can be frustrating playing with people who don't call out properly, who talk too much, or who are just plain bad and a wasted spot on a squad. If you're looking to take the game a bit seriously and play to win, you don't really want to team up with people like that because nobody has any fun. If you just wanna roll out and shoot the poo poo and maybe get a few kills, then there are plenty of goons like that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

96 spacejam posted:

it's pretty drat accurate most of the time. i'd go as far to say that it's 100x more accurate than screaming, "hey guy at the blue house running to the left" (in a sea of blue houses of course).

there is a reason those numbers are there.

In a Duo where you're likely very close to each other, sure it's generally accurate. In a squad game, it can be wildly off. Anyway, your original assertion was that they were the same for everyone, which isn't true at all.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven't played this for ages (might come and give it another try when the desert map comes to live servers) but I just watched the Digital Foundry impressions of the Xbox versions and :lol: it runs exactly as badly as I presumed it would. Good god it's horrible, I'm surprised they even released it. How are they ever gonna get it going at a locked 30 on the base Xbone? I reckon it's just impossible with that lovely CPU.

• Locked thread