Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Are there any additional game modes, weapons or is it mostly just additional polish at this point?

Is there even a roadmap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Two things,

1. The silenced revolver is by far the most superior weapon in the game.

2. You can play 4-Player by yourself through not selecting matching with others making it you vs. the world.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is there an updated performance troubleshooting guide? Anytime I'm inside a building or there's a lot of action that game slows down considerably. I'm in a i5-2500k, 32GB RAM, SSD and a GTX 1070 with med-low settings. Ever other game title runs just fine.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The SCAR and M416 are fantastic mid-short range weapons but require attachments and a ammo surplus.

The AKM is sort of a jack of all trades with the M16A4 best suited for mid-long.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

HatfulOfHollow posted:

It depends what is in my other gun slot. I like the m16 if I have something like an uzi or a ump that can handle short to medium distances well. I like the m4 or scar if I have a kar98. I only use the akm out of necessity or until I find one of the other guns.

I feel that the AKM has by far some the best iron sights. The M416 and SCAR-L are nearly impossible to use effectively.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

So,

Does the M14 replace the M16 or SKS?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Any solid numbers behind the M14?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The Mini-14 does seem OP but I don't know what they're able to do - less damage and bullet velocity?

It shouldn't be superior to the SKS or M-14.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Walton Simons posted:

No, it runs everything pretty well, 16GB RAM, GTX970. I'm trying to get into combat by dropping into the cities but no luck getting kills. Last two games I've got a few solid hits in on someone but they both ran away before I could kill them and when we met up again I was slowest on the draw and got killed without firing a shot. Just need to practice, really.

I have to say that PubG has to be one the lesser optimized games. I'm a able to run nearly every other title without issue even ARMA 3 but this game just occasionally chugs.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I like grenades as they're actually useful and are capable of killing your opponents.

Is there a development roadmap by chance? When is the game out of beta?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Do we know the actual sensitivity values pro players are using?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

PubG is one of the only games I've found that going prone is useful aside from using a bipod. It's hard to explain but player models blend in much more with the actual terrain more so than other titles where you see a distinct difference.

I exclusively play 1FPP and most of the end games end up with quite a bit of time spent prone.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

[quote="“lohli”" post="“477077486”"]
I think this was posted here earlier, but here’s an Unreal Engine blogpost about the engine improvements that have come about from developing fortnite:
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-improvements-for-fortnite-battle-royale
[/quote]

Any idea how soon these will be pushed out to PubG?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

dc3k posted:

FOUNDER'S PACK EXCLUSIVE: SPAWN WITH A MINI-14 AND 4X/8X SCOPES!

Do you have any idea how cool it would be if you could bid on some kind of DLC where you spawned with a weapon?

The amount of rage... would be hilarious.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Isn't Bluehole using AWS?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Do the pros not run with the P18? It's basically a cheap SMG but the pistol slot. I use it all the time.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

The game really needs a .357 Magnum ripped straight from Half-Life 2.

On the subject of hacking there’s supposedly a patch coming out later this week that going to improve the situation. What I don’t understand is that this game is based off the unreal engine and it’s not like there’s that much of a fundamental difference between this and other AAA titles.

Why does PubG have it so bad?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

The game shipped with no functional anti-cheat and Epic themselves most likely haven't created a working anti-cheat since UT2004. Early on in PUBG there were no sight checks (eg is this player visible, if not, bullet shot at them does nothing) or anything so you could actually just land anywhere, hack it so that you were punching every other player, and win within 5 seconds.

It's my understanding that BlueHole contracted out BattlEye, had a BE developer fly to them to help implement the system, and then completely ignored the guy.

There a dozens of Unreal Engine games that are AAA and don’t have rampant hacking.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

IPA Regulations posted:

Holding rmb aim while crouch walking makes you practically silent (especially with no shoes) and I've caught many a guy out by creeping up the stairs like so while they stare out the windows ignoring/not noticing the slow, ridiculously soft footfalls

Debating if I should have my character remove his shoes...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Is anyone able to comment on the new ballistics or damage system?

That’s going to change the game more than anything else.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Did they reduce the Ticketrate?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Dyz posted:

I was complaining about desync earlier in the discord but it is seriously not even close to being that bad.

I feel as if desync has gotten way worse in the last week.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I’ve been told the new “test” build resolves performance issues entirely and honestly the game shouldn’t chug as much as it does.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Think well get the Desert Map or 1.0 before Christmas?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

As far as 1.0 test server performance goes, the initial game lag is awful and I don't think it's just me.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 9, 2017

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

I don’t mind the new map but I wish it was a combination of desert, forest, jungle, prairie, etc.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

It seems as if hacking has become an issue again once more but I’ll admit it’s gotten better. Granted there’s still a lot of work to be done.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

So...

Why may I use the 8x and 15x on the M416, SCAR and AK-47 but not the M16?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

There’s no way at all the lag in 1v1 is that bad. It’s not for me.

• Locked thread