Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

trucutru posted:

Ah, yes, Voltron. A truly hot series for all the 40 year old children.

It matches with JP collabs mostly being nostalgia bait that are advertising a current spinoff. A lot of the anime collabs like Kinnikuman had their own mobile game, Evangelion had the Rebuild movies, Voltron has the ongoing remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I couldn't watch the stream for being on the road and can't get PDX to load, someone post the Voltron art

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

ChikoDemono posted:

Oh hey, free rolls!!

I don't even know what to say.

My rolls were just as bad.

Lifive
Liberty Geist
Cosmo Crusader (both mechs not Another)
---
PADZ Angelious
Red Knight Nim
PADBT Patricia
---
Mito
Mito
Momiji

:geno:

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Evil Fluffy posted:

Threedia why won't you drop from the Nordis dungeon for me you jerk. :(

e: 3 light resist tama invades yet 0 threedias. Getting that angel(?) unit for the 2nd evo is going to probably be equally annoying.

Just run Threedia's technical dungeon.

Edit: And God Rush upper to get Elia.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Superschaf posted:

A propos farming talk, I made a new team for farming SDR latents. Works pretty well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z-_9d7W8o

Lmao nice, 10k HP in co-op is some pretty extreme glass cannon.

heisenberg posted:

That team looks fun. Who is the lead, anyway?

Erza from the new Weekly Shounen Magazine collab. She's like Yamamoto if he was purchaseable for 100k MP, but debuffed your HP to compensate. 0.25/100/1 on dual leaders.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 27, 2017

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

dragon enthusiast posted:

Am I the only person who has completely fallen off of running challenge dungeons

the rewards are all so trivially obtainable that I'd rather do anything else than clear the gigantic list of dungeons

I'm the exact opposite, challenge dungeons are my favorite thing to do, for sake of the challenge itself. The rewards are a bonus, but I can reroll the piis into a preferred color which is very appreciated.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Titania's LS is not awful with 4x HP for healers, but her awakenings ARE downright awful. No wood or light OE to power her active, and a useless green row lol. If you gave her actual awakenings she'd be usable, and pretty great if she had 2x or 2.5x per cross. It would be nice if an ult gave her that to be more than inheritance fodder, but ~oh well~

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Baron Snow posted:

Thanks!
Revo Hermes, I'm guessing? I think I've got the mats on hand..

BL Hermes is still good, 2 SB and double orb change plus that Devil Killer. One of the setups for co-op Devil Rush with Ganesha x Meri needs a BL Hermes.

Solo farming with Meri just wants lots of SB, lots of orbs, and SBR if necessary for the individual dungeon. Multiple Toshiros is about having instant 1 combos for pure speed in co-op.

Double changers like Hermes, Kundali, Scheat, or Sitri.
Bicolor boards like Mori or the various Sonias.
Line converters like Sharon, Sadalmelik, or Kamiya Kaoru.
SB sticks like Sarasvati, Blodin, or Verdor.

Blue is rich in cards with 2 or more SBR to cover your leader's lack, Alrescha, Andromeda, Barbarossa, BMeta, Chester, Grimmjow, and Rukia are all good for this. Or, LNavi or Raguel if sorely needed work with blue subatts.

Meri players can also consider skilling up a Noahdra. She needs a ton of SB at 25 CD, but you get full board + poison which is useful versus resolve sometimes.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 28, 2017

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
gently caress anyone who says otherwise, both ult Algedis look amazing and I'm going to put together a team to play with whether it's good or bad. :swoon:

Astaroth owners should notice that sub ult Algedi became Machine/Devil, has a bunch of rows and god killer and a short CD active that synergizes with Astaroth's. Algedi became Baphomet!

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's kind of a shame that the leader angel 2s are hamstrung by needed primary + additional to trigger their recovery. 2.25/56/2.25 is pretty neat with prongs but having to run verdandi off color for the board change kind of sucks.

You can't effectively use Verdandi anyways, she's not Physical type.

R/G physical has nothing great... (Guan Yinping ult please!) It feels like you're better off having one offcolor sub completely, like Susanoo or Romia or Cauchemar.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

dwarf74 posted:

Oh wow check that HP.

Diara and Grato have HP just as bad, but they have 75% damage reduction LSs on easy activation. So
.. sorry Wallace, Sevenzard ruins everything it touches.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

UHD posted:

One roll, got some little kid who looks stupid. This is somehow worse than a girl golem or a C Y B E R B E A S T.

What little kid? Some of those little kids are really strong.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

change my name posted:

Decided to try soloing machine Zeus, and it didn't seem that hard-

oh no

Find a friend with a Carat inherit and you'll do it no problem.

Comedy option: Fujin and hit him again!

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

dragon enthusiast posted:

Do I have the multiplayer mode for you

3-player co-op is going to be sweet as gently caress. I can't wait for someone to try to troll me with a poison board and then I just use a poison breaker. :mrgw:

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

trucutru posted:

They are just going to 2-on-1 you.

Just let me skill up a second Kraken and I will system 4 Alrescha + 2 Kraken. Poison break then OE, forever.

But beyond that, my goal will be to make teams that make people say "what the gently caress is this" yet remain functional. Off-meta leaders, weird leader pairings where I try to activate both (I bet I can make Rukia x Ame-no-Minakanushi work), fully farmable teams, leaders that should be monocolor being played rainbow, etc.

My greatest fun in this game has been making weird janky teams to do descended challenges with. I assume 3 player will be like 2p, open to any dungeon and with stamina discounts. If it is, it'll let me bring the jank teams to whatever I need to run at the time.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Cards You Can Get Rid of For MP If You Need:

Half of these things have niche uses or future considerations that say you shouldn't sell. Like, dupe Denebolas are going to be good to have when she gets split ults like Algedi. Dupe Meimeis could become as good as dupe Hakus given the right leader. Weapons have niche use as skill inheritance bases in co-op with high ATK and multi boost. Prong Liu Bei could find use, GL Liu Bei has dragon killer IIRC. These are just examples, there's more stuff in the list that I would keep in general.

There is a bunch of farmable stuff that can be tossed out (so many piis, dioses, and beorcs), but the old rule-of-thumb, "never sell REM cards, everything has a niche" still holds true. It's wiser to just not sell REM cards unless you really know what you're doing. (And even then you can get burned. Ask me about regretting selling Kushinadahime a year and a half ago!)

I don't dislike LtW, but the advice given tends to be very dogmatic. You could do with being less cavalier in advice giving. There's more to the game than Myr and farming!

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Zo posted:

"2 player coop for serious tryhard, 3 player coop for fun!"

*releases the rear end kickingest bosses for 3p where you can't charge up long utility cds or plan or anything*

Nyarlathotep doesn't seem that hard to me aside from the huge HP. We almost killed it deathless, but I overestimated my damage and left it with a sliver of HP. I dropped out but I'm pretty sure the other two would be able to finish it off.

I haven't fought Cthulhu or Azathoth yet, Nyar spawned 4 times in a row so far.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Tir McDohl posted:

I have begun the nightmare quest to get the remaining 16 red damage resist tamas for my Minerva A3 cheese team from 5x4 Hera-Ur. What is the invade rate I should expect?

Low. I built a resist team for Neptune using Noah 5x4, and by the time I finished the 30 latents I wanted for Neptune, Beach Awilda, Ilsix, Courage, and 2 PADZ dragons (did Awilda to have extra options), I had max skilled 5 Noahs. Granted, the only reason why I ran Noah 5x4 was because I wanted to skill up dupe Noahs for the sake of it.

Rogue descends have a better invade rate and better drops. The invades rotate through them, PADguide says fire is in Nordis right now.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
don't 👏 sell 👏 your 👏 only 👏 copy 👏 of 👏 cards

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

That's been a rule since day one, hasn't it?

Yes it has, and many people started forgetting it after the introduction of the MP shop. Between inheritance, random buffs, ults/awokens/revos, and crazy new leaders, you never know what could suddenly become valuable. Anyone else remember how Rozuel used to be considered trash? Then Ronove came out, and suddenly she was a best-in-slot sub for an (at the time) top-tier leader.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Eminai posted:

Counterpoint: Fenrirs.

Can be inherited to clear dangerous skyfalls such as poison, or can be subs with god killer awakenings and low CD to inherit something else. Keep 'em, next.

ChikoDemono posted:

Fenrir is a useful inherit to lower cooldown of jammer drops and eliminate poison drops. (Does it eliminate poison drops?)

It does. You can tell Linthia or Hinomitsuha or Cthulhu to gently caress off.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
I run A3 with Juri, and she completely dumpsters Hephdra with her high HP, easy activation, and lots of killers. He's the easiest radar dragon for her because you have no chance of losing damage output to a cap. No actives required for him, sometimes I have to slow down on the damage on him to have actives back for Kali.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 13, 2017

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Playing 3p co-op Arena in JP, Anubis is really popular. I haven't been keeping track of numbers, but he might be beating even Radra/DAth/Meliodas in the number of people who bring him to 3p Arena.

Of course, half of the people who bring him are bad at it. Teams with a bunch of orb changers with no utility, no dedicated activation monkey, and they fail to hit the combo count and die on an early turn.

Anubis does not need to be run monodark anymore. His LS no longer requires dark attribute and he does so much damage that we're back to the days where you just bring whatever subs you need regardless of color. The beanie starter dragons can be used for 1 CD if you're too lazy to build up a Gunma. You use your utility subs to cover for your lack of HP boost, which subs are right is going to be dungeon dependent.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Voltron card details are partially a reskin of the Crows collab, but not exactly.

Voltron itself has the awakenings, active, and LS of this guy, Tsukishima Hana, BUT, Voltron changes the subatt to dark, the typing to Machine Physical God, and the LS typing to Machine + Physical.
Allura has the awakenings, active, and LS of Harumichi Bouya, but she is light attribute, and changes the set properly. Light OE, light orb change, healer type.

So it's very similar, but not exactly the same. I tuned in late and those were the only two REM cards I saw.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 22, 2017

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So who's going to button farm Legendary Earth all week and max level everything?

I had a one-Ganesha team on JP (def void, 1 combo each wave, full board boss), and it was way too tedious to max level cards with. I settled for max skilling a Beyzul and leaving it at that. To anyone dedicated enough to power grind it, I salute you.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

trucutru posted:

Yeah, JP pad has somehow become similar to the old Hera-Ur/Zeus-Dios meta where they just throw huge loving numbers against you, plus a shitload of annoyances, of course.

Lvl6 of the challenge, includes a 37m hp fight against the one of the Kalis. Lvl6!

Which is why Anubis has become more popular lately, when you need to be doing 100m damage left and right he's your dude. This has also pretty much killed the heart-cross meta.

I was dreading the Kali floor, but it turned out to be really easy and I beat it first try. Sevenzard was nice and turned himself red for me, and everything else was easy to crush. Makes me eager to try the upper floors when I get more time later, instead of dreading it. Feeling really happy I didn't just duck out at seeing it!

(Maeda inherited on BEscha for Beelz)

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Well, I do have an Astaroth kicking around, so maybe that's a good place to start. Any reason why Minerva is better than the other Greeks?

Better generalist active or shortest CD for inheritance, jammer resistance awakenings can block bombs that show up in some new dungeons, and most importantly red is usually a better color to resist than blue or green most of the time. For instance Hephaestus Dragon is a huge rear end in a top hat for most teams with his preemptive skill delay, but Minerva handles him relatively easily. The other greeks need special precautions for him.

Revo Venus and Hades are good in a different way, they super-resist a single color instead of strongly resisting three colors. They're more limited in where they can stall, but are practically immortal when they can.

Evil Fluffy posted:

This sounds legitimately unfun as hell.

White Snake's Labyrinth is harder than most challenge dungeons. It reaches the difficulty of a normal c10 at c5 or c6 and keeps going up from there. It's around for only a week but I wouldn't be surprised to see more hard dungeons in its vein in the future. We're overdue for power creep in dungeons, player power creep has been outpacing dungeons for months now.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have 2 Fenrir Viz, does Jormungandr make them viable?

Jormungandr-Yr has a wider subpool and higher maximum damage, but Fenrir-Viz might still be the better leader on account of being easier to use and scaling better at medium amount of jammers. Maybe Fenrir-Viz for long dungeons like Arena and Jorm-Yr for short hard dungeons? IDK. Jorm-Yr is definitely an excellent member of either team and great card in general though, absolutely worth gunning for. Inheritable poison + tricolor board change with hearts is a sweet active.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Kuros posted:

Escha over Persephone. Ryune over Haku, Lumiel over other Haku. Even though Lumiel is a worse board than Haku, the active gets rid of Predras and the like. I don't think you will need Indra since you will have a lot of HP. Viper in this case is worse than Dathena's base active IMO. Unless you think the one extra turn is worth it.

Orochi does provide skill delay protection for DAth, so in particular you can hard-counter Kagu in arena. (gently caress Kagu, I hate him.)

A point in favor of Lumiel's board change is that you can combo it with Escha's G->D when needed. That gets you a 1/2 D, 1/4 each R and B board which is pretty good. Escha also combos with Ryune.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Is it true once you get 4-5 XM is amazing? Or are DA and RaDra still way beyond XM?

It was 3 to system her, with the other two slots being filled in by Gadius and Uriel. But no, she's effective but slow and tedious. Radra and DAth are popular because they are effective and efficient.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Awoken Archangels lose all of their tankiness in exchange for being HP-conditional glass cannons. That is weird as hell. 1/196/1, but you have to be above 80% HP and matching two heart combos.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Evil Fluffy posted:

That's my plan unless someone can convince me that he actually has some ultra-kickass meta use that I'm not seeing.

Kakkab (and the other cyberbeasts/dragons) have good actives and good awakenings, including bind resistance. Their main pitfall is mediocre stats having 650~680 weighted. They work well as mid-tier filler subs for teams in general.

Kakkab for instance can work on DAthena, since it has Devil type, 3 TPAs, and SBR. I'm certainly not saying you should get her just because you have a Kakkab, but it can work there if the need was relevant.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Sockser posted:

I am bad at this game someone explain to me what the gently caress just happened here

Gronia (G/D board)
Soldierman (JP exclusive Kinnikuman REM 6*, D to G and +2 combos for one turn)
Markab (left column to R)
Yasutora Sado (top and bottom rows to red)
Durga (god and devil damage enhance)
Hanzo (R to D)

Guaranteed 10-combo (12 combo with Soldierman) G/D bicolor board by a very roundabout method. As a result every team member does over 80m damage but stays under Satan's 100m damage void. The total damage dealt is 630.8m when Satan has 600m HP.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Evil Fluffy posted:

Barely managed to drag my alt account through Jord - Legend (since it'd be a decent Verdandi sub) only to have it not drop because I forgot that Legend maps aren't a 100% drop rate. :argh:

When does 2 heroes open again? Going to just have to plow ahead and unlock that so I can farm some cu chus.

Normals, clear Legendary Dragons and Skydragons. Alternately you can get them as rare drops from some descends, best one Athena.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

The Hebug posted:

The same true for Satan's preemptive?

He will do two bind hits, then World End, and repeat. Preempt and status shield don't affect his timer.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Can someone hook me up with an autohealer with the appropriate 20% true gravity?

352 743 289 if we're somehow not already friends.

Sent, have fun grinding with Satan.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

UHD posted:

Every so often a JP guy (forgot who) does a bunch of pulls and they buff whatever he pulls. Fafnir was one of them.

That would be YamaP, the game's main director.

Fafnir was from the first time he did the YamaPull buffs, and the first set was a lot bigger than later buffs were. You might notice that it's not just G/G Fafnir, the other ults all have double killers. He was originally going to roll only once at someone's silly suggestion, and when he got Fafnir his reaction was "These things are still in the REM?" months before they actually got removed. He wound up rolling 5 times that time because all of the pulls were crap.

Many of the cards that got YamaPull buffs later saw other members of their series get buffs to match the pull buffs, but late bloomers are not among them. I wish they would get buffed, because as-is the late bloomers are bad bad bad bad bad bad cards.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Zo posted:

well one mito is great, she is the only card in the game that can be latent awokened to do 30x killer damage (ignoring multi type killer cards on multi type enemies) and it's on a useful type, devil

it comes useful in a lot of niche areas like ranking dungeons and ganesha setups, it's pretty insane damage on devils and i made one on both of my accounts

One time in 3p Descend rush I encounted a Fenrir player. His team was Fenrir/Viz/Viz/Viz/Mito/friend, all of them had Aten inherits, and he was a god at both comboing and damage control. He carried us through the run , one-shot Nyarlathotep after someone else cleared the sticky blind, and Mito did most of the damage in the OHKO. It was amazing.

So yeah, almost everything has a use in this game if you understand why and are clever. Mito is solid.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Adolf Glitter posted:

"Main" (soon to be given back, boo) - Romia

Alt (soon to become main)- Julie, Momiji, Mito

No idea how good these are tbh, bar the above Mito info

Romia's 7x6 LS is useful, she's not the strongest 7x6 out there but it's a useful gimmick. She's also a great sub for Acalanatha with her Zuoh active and lots of fingers.

Julie is a good leader, 4/56.25/1.77 if you consider her shield LS as HP/RCV. She has a wide subpool when you can run both blue and green cards after ulting. I like her a lot for farming A3, she's the leader who finally made that dungeon fun for me. Her Balboa active is also useful in 3-player Arena, as you really really really will want a defense void to deal with Metatron.

Momiji's awakenings as a base are kinda meh, but her active is excellent. Tricolor board changes that have Heart as one of the colors will never go out of style. Even if you don't find room for her as a direct sub, she's still an excellent inherit for any green or light team that can still activate their LS afterwards. Myr for instance, there's still plenty of people using her, or in JP 3p I see people using Momiji for Yog-Sothoth. Good card she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
There are a ton of cards that can double up on a killer type by using latents, but Mito is the only one who can triple up.

For reference, here is a chart of every card that can double up their killers, updated May 5th:

https://twitter.com/Shogen0709/status/860359383896662016

From top to bottom, that's god killer, dragon, devil, machine, balance, attacker, physical, healer.

Tsubaki and Rathalos Armor get special note. Tsubaki for having natural double killer (no latent dragon killers though), and Rathalos Armor for having double-able dragon killer with a multi boost.

For the sake of NA inclusiveness, double-able killers from Voltron would be:

Voltron - Devil
    Allura - Devil
    Shiro - Attacker
    Lance - Physical