Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hamilton seems pretty terrible to me. I'll admit, I've never seen it, and I've never sat through any of the song all the way through, but all I've heard from it is terrible. But people seem to like it. What's going on?

I know it's politically controversial in some way, and apparently it's not historically accurate, but I don't care about that stuff. One of the cast members threw a wine bottle at the vice president, the real Alexander Hamilton wasn't hispanic, whatever, I don't care. I'm just talking about the music

Listen to this. It's terrible, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl1OIGzuDg

Am I crazy, or is everyone else crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
OP you should probably like, listen to at least half of it, and then come to your own conclusions, IMO.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
This thread is bad.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

if you don't like it, then you don't like it, friend. people have different tastes

vOv

e:

Bareback Werewolf posted:

This thread is bad.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Phantom of the Opera is worse.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

tenspott posted:

This movie creeps me out because all the women I've ever seen it with are super into the whole stockholm syndrome aspect.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tenspott posted:

Serious post: If you don't think Annie is a piece of trash musical then you are sincerely broken as a human being.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Musicals are for adults with diseased minds.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
funny tweet i read somewhere by some schlub

"at the rate things are going the dnc chair will be a macbook pro playing the hamilton soundtrack on loop"

also, the Hamilton Electors celebrity video where the celebrities told the electors of the electoral collage poo poo dint work

gently caress it

bad post

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I like Rocky Horror and Sweeney Todd

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arrhythmia posted:

OP you should probably like, listen to at least half of it, and then come to your own conclusions, IMO.

I've been in stores where there's been music playing, and I've thought "what is this crap?" and then they started rapping about federalism or whatever and I realized it was Hamilton. My reaction every piece of Hamilton I've heard is immediate revulsion.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sid Vicious posted:

All right, Rocky gets a pass.

Sweeney Todd I don't know what the hell you're smoking tho.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkplPbd2f60

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Psycho Society posted:

This movie creeps me out because all the women I've ever seen it with are super into the whole stockholm syndrome aspect.

andrew lloyd webber wrote a sequel to phantom of the opera where the phantom moves to new york to open a circus as part of an elaborate gambit to win back christine's love. also, the phantom and christine have a secret love child for some reason and the love interest from the original musical becomes an abusive alcoholic.

here's a song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=drZxxY-h_C0

Arrhythmia posted:

Serious post: If you don't think Annie is a piece of trash musical then you are sincerely broken as a human being.

annie is garbage. chess is the best musical.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

QuoProQuid posted:

andrew lloyd webber was a major cokehead

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alexander Hamilton hated democracy and was one of the main drivers behind the Electoral College because of it. So, if you think about it, Donald Trump being president is his fault.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

phasmid posted:

All right, Rocky gets a pass.

Sweeney Todd I don't know what the hell you're smoking tho.

Nothing in months it sucks!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
the only good founding father was t.jefferson

newrevolution

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i think that goes without saying

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the music is poo poo and is the only exposure i and many other people will ever have to hamilton. so don't feel bad about hating it, op

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Some people enjoy things that you don't op

Hope this isn't too shocking a revelation for you

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nut to Butt posted:

hamilton is amateurish pablum for aesthetically challenged twits and belongs in the same trash can as lin-manuel miranda :)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Opera is cool and good, broadway is not

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

I love your avatar

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my name is Hamilton and I'm here to say/I love shitposting in a major way

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Hamilton is bad. Objectively and thoroughly bad. It sucks.

I hate it worse than I hate Patton Oswald.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My name is Hamilton and I'm here to say
I wanna be prez of the USA

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Some like it, some don't.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i watched a few minutes of hamilton on youtube that someone cammed and it just seemed boring

the best song from a musical remains the magical gently caress frog tune from book of mormon

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Teikanmi posted:

My name is Hamilton and I'm here to say
I wanna be prez of the USA

It's good because it rhymes

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

the best song from a musical remains the magical gently caress frog tune from book of mormon

Quick Cai-phus

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
When is rock opera coming back?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I think 1776 the musical was better. The movie version featuring a man that millennials and I only know as "Feeny."

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

phasmid posted:

Musicals are for adults with diseased minds.

I wish they would limit themselves to like, 2 or 3 really good songs. I think that would probably be ok. Whoever decided "hmmm you know what this mediocre play with bad actors needs? a whole hour of filler music" was some kind of retard genius though

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_r_dWenKhk

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

myDad posted:

When is rock opera coming back?

It came back but we didn't tell you sorry

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Peetown Manning posted:

I think 1776 the musical was better. The movie version featuring a man that millennials and I only know as "Feeny."

undeniably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5p5PvYGB4w

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hamilton seems pretty terrible to me. I'll admit, I've never seen it, and I've never sat through any of the song all the way through, but all I've heard from it is terrible. But people seem to like it. What's going on?

I know it's politically controversial in some way, and apparently it's not historically accurate, but I don't care about that stuff. One of the cast members threw a wine bottle at the vice president, the real Alexander Hamilton wasn't hispanic, whatever, I don't care. I'm just talking about the music

Listen to this. It's terrible, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl1OIGzuDg

Am I crazy, or is everyone else crazy?

Go and have a wank u limey oval office.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

JiveHonky posted:

It came back but we didn't tell you sorry

Aw heck!

Adbot