Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Repo Man posted:

I had a job once where they brought in an outsourced HR, and interviewed everyone. I was interviewed by a nice young lady, and after it was done, I asked her "I was wondering about your accent - you sound as though you're from Eastern Europe, but I'm not sure beyond that." She explained she was from Albania, and I realized that she was about my age, so she had grown up during Hoxha's time in power. I had seen a report about Albania on Sixty Minutes many years before, and I said "Wow, that means that you grew up in one of the most repressive countries behind the Iron Curtain. Wasn't the dictator named Enver Hoxha?" Her mouth dropped open "You even said his name right!" She was happy to talk about growing up in Albania, and what it was like (not as bad as you might think, enough food, but not great food, clothes, but not very nice, some things you just didn't talk about), and how happy she was to leave and come to the west.

And now she works in HR. What a sad story :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread