Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
presumably this is the same group behind queers for palestine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

nigga crab pollock posted:

this is what happens when people go through 12 years of public school indoctrination about how america won all the wars because freedom - and then they go to college and are taught about american interventionist foreign policy and the military industrial complex and the pendulum swings back in the other direction

i still dont see how leaving saddam hussein in power was ever considered a "liberal position". removing a guy who literally has people executed and publicly tortured for owning cell phones is "interventionist" in the bad way?? really?

i mean i know iraq war 2 was lovely for lots of other reasons, but i think the whole removing an insanely brutal dictator thing was a good call all around. and liberals who sneered at that should have their liberal card revoked because they dont actually give a poo poo about liberal principles or any of the people who were living in that hellhole. That isis took over after we bailed doesn't really say anything about the goodness or badness of removing saddam, it's kind of on obama for pulling out too soon imo.

i dont know why i posted this.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Lol, so gay

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Did you know that the number of people killed by communism in history is way over inflated? It's only like several million people, so, my point being, feel the bern.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
something about eating dogs specifically adds that extra touch of madness that makes north korea so special

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
is there literally even one single immigrant who came to the US with nothing and worked to make a good living who thinks the US sucks? like, i don't think i've ever heard one, and it seems like they'd be the best judge of how lovely our systems really are given that they had to work their way up through those systems first hand.

its usually just gigantic-douchebag 20 year olds making the case for totally-not-communism though.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Transtrender :smug:

(no but seriously she is)

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Hey man I mean it's very loving bad but objectively the worst place in the world is the Central African Republic because it is literally a hellmouth.

yeah that scene in blood diamond where the gang who cuts peoples hands off shoots an 8 year old kid up with heroin is a thing that happens all the time in that part of the world...

sorry north koreans, but that's just too hosed

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Did you know the US did a bad thing once?

Keep that in mind, any time we try to do a good thing!

Collective punishment of whitey (america when it does bad things) is like secular original sin.

Like why does everyone obsess about the awful things israel does to palestine when israel is the only free society in that part of the world and is literally surrounded by lovely oppressive hellholes? There are muslims living in israel who prefer to live there. I think that matters a lot. We should hear more outrage on the left over the lovely oppressive hellholes these people are fleeing than israel imo.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think the flagrant hypocrisy present in being gifted a country to make up for atrocities and oppression being committed to you, only to then turn around and commit atrocities and oppress the people who were already living in that same country, tends to be a bit of a sticking point for some.

Yeah I agree, israel did and continues to do lovely things, but their crimes pale in comparison to what many islamic theocracies do to their own people. If the western left is a supporter of human rights, shouldn't israel be like #50 instead of #1 on so many people's list of main offenders? It's a question of magnitude both in terms of the problems and the response to them.

In other words I think problems should be dealt with in order by how badly the victims are suffering and how numerous those victims are, rather than weighing irrelevant things like the hypocrisy or consistency inherent in the oppressor's actions.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
naw im p smart

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Let us English posted:

The US did bad things. Which we shouldn't feel bad about. Therefore Israel should feel free to gently caress Palestine? What bullshit tortured logic is this? This is just as stupid as 'the US did bad things so North Korea is good.'

Uh no, that's not what i was saying. I was saying that any time the US wants to use it's military, the "anti-war" left opposes it on the grounds that the US has used it's military to do a lot of poo poo things (in the past under completely different administration). The US isn't a monolith, but people treat it like one when it suits their politics. Bosnia is a good example of the US doing a good thing with it's military and getting utterly zero credit for it from people who are supposed to champion "human rights" (the anti-war left)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

KomodoWagon posted:

Ikr, it's like how I broke into this dude's house and then he asked me to leave and I said no and he started shoving me to get me to leave so I called my friends to come blast him with a shotgun until his body was an unrecognizable puddle of gore and somehow the police made me out to be the bad guy and people held vigils for the guy and all that poo poo. It's ridiculous. Thank HaShem that the Chosen ones aren't subjected to the same humiliation I had to suffer for their righteous war in defense of the master race.

lol you are loving insane

• Locked thread