Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

down n out posted:

Don't westerners have constant minders from the moment they set foot on NK soil? That kid sounded like a dupe.

I guess that they figured he couldn't get into too much trouble in the hotel hallways. . . but idiots find a way. Also, like was already mentioned. North Korea likes to keep a few hostages in their back pocket so that they can use them for leverage when they need something.

Personally, I think that guy was only one step above someone who would have bought a ticket to Auschwitz (while it was running) to point, laugh, and take smug pictures. The term "war tourists" is a thing for people who go to check out war zones, but is there a term for people who go to horrible places to act smug? Irony tourists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

That training is going to come in mighty handy when one of the following happens...

Gets shot in total darkness by 19 year old PFC Jimmy Seabrook from Kansas without ever having fired a single round.
Gets obliterated in his bunker by a B-52-dropped JDAM courtesy of 26 year old Cpt Amy Novak from Spokane.
Starves to death guarding the border south of Kosong, never having seen action since nobody cares about Kosong and the invasion drove straight to Pyongyang.
Has a Hellfire land 3 feet behind him and tear him to shreds the exact instant Drone pilot 2nd LT. Davis lets a massive fart rip in an air conditioned trailer in Nebraska.
Steps on a Land Mine in the DMZ, loses a leg outright, and bleeds out in 3 minutes. The mine (ironically enough) was planted there 47 years earlier by his great uncle Kim Young-chul during his mandatory military service. Kim Young-chul is now a retired salaryman and visiting Guam so his granddaughter can have a US anchor baby.

• Locked thread