Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Splatoon Good?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

To expand: the Turf War mode, the basic 3 minute "paint the ground mode" is cool because it teaches you all the geometry of the levels, but the ranked modes are where they require some good exploitations of said geometry to truly excel. I like that movement speed is directly tied to a physical control of the environment, and that kills will splat ink all over so you can dome people and then high speed swim through where they died. Also there's no progression bullcrap or anything, after about 1 hour you have every weapon and all the gear was pretty much cosmetic. Minor stat buffs but you could apply said buffs to whatever gear you liked the look of so you could just stick with what looked rad. Also all the maps, modes, weapons and cosmetics were completely free which was awesome but part of me wonders if they'll do that again for a sequel knowing they have a crowd who already likes the Brand. ANyway that's how I feel OP. Splatoon and Titanfall 2 are the only MP shooters I've ever really dug. Well Quake Live too but not seriously at all because I'm about 15 years too late to even bother.

ACTUALLY I recently did all the math and i'm closing in on my goal of having every weapon and every piece of armor maxed out to 3 stars + fully levelled up.
Not going to be too thrilled about blowing the 150+k that im sitting on as im running out of items that need levels
The last few weapons they pushed out cost like 21k each which I felt like was a bit expensive for casual players to even be able to enjoy them, especially when they were multiple versions of the same thing like all the splatlings and bukkers
Hope they're not all 21-24k and I can just get them them in one day.

Its weird for me to say this but geez doesn't it feel like its been a long time since the last Splatfest ;(
I need more snails, theyre so ridiculously more worth my time then regular money earning methods.
Also I want to do more ranked mode but my win rate in Splatfest and therefore time spent playing the Splatfest part of Splatfest is going to be tied to my starting Splatfest Power so I need to see what they changed the starting power to before I bring it higher than B

~10% difference in population and winrate is back again so this method clearly failed after a single splatfest

individually though because of matchmaking the whole sordid affair only took me lik 2 and a half hours instead of the 5 hour grind so i don't care as much about only getting 18 out of it instead of 24

also kudos on extended it by 6 hours for people who actually work on the weekend incase they actually have to grind out the 5 hour garbage because its actually-really-loving-obnoxious-to-devote-5-hours-of-a-24-hour-period-to-one-single-game.

in a 24 hour period i have to not sleep in past ~8 hours from prev day, work for 8 hours, sleep for ~8 hours, do everything else i need to get done, play the game for 5 hours, and immediately leave again not being late for for 8 hours work, its a period with incredibly strict bounds on it. 30 hours is wayyyyyyyyy more do-able.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the single-player in the first game was a last-minute thing they weren't even sure people would like/care about so my hope is they'll go all out this time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
they mostly talked about Salmon Run at E3, the PvE mode

all the ranked modes are back but they've all been tweaked, the Rainmaker works differently, Tower Control has little checkpoints along the track that stop the tower for a few seconds, etc

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

extremebuff posted:

i wanna know if you still need to play effectively TDM for 10 hours before you can play the real modes

Salmon Run is locked behind lvl5 or something, I don't know how they're handling the regular modes but it sounds like they're going to drip them out again

they confirmed the stage rotation happens every 2 hours now, there'll probably be 6 maps at launch but they still haven't confirmed the exact number

• Locked thread