Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Splatoon Good?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like it a lot OP. Splatoon 2 is the reason I'm buying a switch, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To expand: the Turf War mode, the basic 3 minute "paint the ground mode" is cool because it teaches you all the geometry of the levels, but the ranked modes are where they require some good exploitations of said geometry to truly excel. I like that movement speed is directly tied to a physical control of the environment, and that kills will splat ink all over so you can dome people and then high speed swim through where they died. Also there's no progression bullcrap or anything, after about 1 hour you have every weapon and all the gear was pretty much cosmetic. Minor stat buffs but you could apply said buffs to whatever gear you liked the look of so you could just stick with what looked rad. Also all the maps, modes, weapons and cosmetics were completely free which was awesome but part of me wonders if they'll do that again for a sequel knowing they have a crowd who already likes the Brand. ANyway that's how I feel OP. Splatoon and Titanfall 2 are the only MP shooters I've ever really dug. Well Quake Live too but not seriously at all because I'm about 15 years too late to even bother.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i thought there were a bunch of really dumb design decisions in splatoon 1, so who knows if youll be able to change your weapon without going back to the main menu or w/e this time

In the beta test for 2 you can hit Left on the Dpad during the queue and change your loadout there. But that never bothered me in 1 so if it's not there I probably won't care. Queue times were always rapid for the most part.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Turf war is the only confirmed mode so far. I imagine Rainmaker, Splat Zone and whatever the payload mode was called will be back though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope Rainmaker in particular comes back because that was great fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rainmaker is CTF but the flag is a bazooka

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The single player is kinda neat but outside of the bosses they don't really use the mechanics very well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neige posted:

Splatoon is one of the most exacting shooters I've ever come across

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Getting excited for Spla2on.

I'm going to buy a switch for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Havethey showed any more info about maps/modes? I hope some of my faves from 1 are back, specifically the later in life maps that were small and transformed or had a bunch of moving parts that affected ink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably because they did a similar thing for Arms where you need to beat a certain difficulty in single player mode before you can do 1v1 ranked.

• Locked thread