Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Splatoon Good?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

splatoon is great, the rank system for 1 was simple yet brutal, and it did a very good job of keeping bad people in the kiddie pool.

once you got to rank B and above it was very clear that everyone was pretty drat good and knew their way around the maps, and it felt good to play at that level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i do wish there was a ranked turf war though, it was basically team death match and itd be nice if you could play it without getting matched up with literal 5 year olds lol.

any deets on the modes for 2 yet?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nintendo nails the arena shooter on their first try

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Too bad they have yet to nail the controls
Anything not kb+m for shooters is fail

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the single player was short and easy. theres some neat stuff in there but i expected it to get crazy and throw some real tough poo poo at you and it never does, still fun though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i can understand ranked mode being locked behind some progress to make sure you understand how the game works, but you should have all the modes available and not just tdm

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah im glad you have to play the rotation, its the same way in overwatch.

if you give players a choice everyone just does tdm on the easy map and all the other modes are dead like in COD

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its cool how for splatoon 1 as the userbase shrank to just the die-hards they started releasing challenging maps that transformed and were full of tricky areas to hold and dangerous pitfalls

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what do you mean a year+ after they stopped supporting the first game on the console that sold 20 units theres matchmaking issues? what in the gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wanna know if you still need to play effectively TDM for 10 hours before you can play the real modes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Probably because they did a similar thing for Arms where you need to beat a certain difficulty in single player mode before you can do 1v1 ranked.

you can separate ranked and unranked without locking unranked to one game type. here's hoping

• Locked thread