Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Splatoon Good?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i thought there were a bunch of really dumb design decisions in splatoon 1, so who knows if youll be able to change your weapon without going back to the main menu or w/e this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
synthy, what are you looking for in a shooter? i think splatoon is gonna be good stuff if youre looking for a focused, cheerful, intense arena shooter, but you would probably be disappointed if youre looking for a more open go-anywhere do-anything shooter with bigger map and team sizes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
splatoon seems like a really good match with the Switch. it's cool being able to jump into a quick round or two while I'm waiting for water to boil or taking a break from something

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Splatoon 1 had a bug where it would make my wii u wifi antenna power off just about once per match, but i'm not expecting that to happen on a different console

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

wow looks like we found a guy who isn't a series esports gamer here fellas

whipping my usb 2.0 ethernet adapter around screaming gently caress you gently caress you!!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
since no one's mentioned how good the music is: the splatoon soundtrack is bad rear end, it keeps you fully pumped to the last second of the round, aand in the pre-match lobby you can fiddle with the buttons and sticks to remix the background music. its unique and confident and cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i'm very into the new situational alt fires they've added (dodging into an aimed crouched shot with the splat dualies, lobbing paint straight ahead with the roller if you swing midair) and im extremely pumped to see what else you can do

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I would have played Splatoon a lot more if the restrictions on changing maps, modes and equipment were removed. I understand wanting to handhold and streamline things around the player with as broad of an audience as possible, but it was too much

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like colorful fun team shooters. How bad is the lag though? I'm a little concerned since I can't run a hardline to the switch

seems really good. i was playing the testfire handheld all throughout the apartment and on the porch and it was perfectly smooth the entire time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I thought the devs said that all game modes were returning from Splatoon 1 but I dunno

• Locked thread