Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People who may (or may not) have unconventional gender views of themselves, which is essentially their own business. But all too often, they want to make it my business and demand my political support.

I certainly have no intentions of throwing a rock or stick at people who are different. But neither do I intend to provide political support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

doverhog posted:

Political support for human rights? They shouldn't need to ask, unless you are a terrible person.

See? Common trans/allies bullshit. *IF* I must pick a side, I rather support the far-right Nazis than the trans/allies. At least I will be left alone by the Nazis.

There is something deeply wrong with you people. There are millions of voters who are highly indifferent to the trans. If you leave things alone, such people will continue to leave you alone. Why provoke people into turning on you instead?

P.S. To clarify, I am referring more to the [either you are with us or against us] mentality, not so much the usual politics. Since the latter can allow for indifferent people to not care, and be left alone.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 26, 2017

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hobologist posted:

Transsexuals are worse than Nazis, you heard it here first.

Obviously not. But the Nazis are willing to leave me in peace and quiet. So, they have that going for them.

I can say with all honesty that a Nazi never came to me and *insisted* on my political support for their cause. That either I am with them or against them.

BoneMonkey posted:

I think you are more bothered by trans people than you are letting on.

Also my mates dad went MtF when i was about 6 and i stayed around his house alot growing up. So trans is pretty normal to me.

She stayed married to her wife, I do wonder if that's the norm or if it breaks most couples up though?

Possibly, I suppose. I think I am more irked by the arrogance of the Trans / allies though. It is perfectly fine to be who you are. Honestly, I am *very* weird myself.

But why the constant insistence on making it other people's business? You do your poo poo and I do mine. How about that? I think that is the trouble with the echo chamber that SA is. People here seem to think that voters are all either with them (liberals) or against them (conservatives). When millions of voters just don't give a crap about Trans, and find this incredibly annoying. Food and a nice paycheck comes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher.

John Smith fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 26, 2017

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BoneMonkey posted:

Trans people as far as i can tell just want to be left alone to do their thing? And maybe get called the right pronoun?

The problem is there is a bunch of people that dont leave them alone, that harass, bully and kill them. I don't think it's to much for them to say "hey stop that."

Not too much at all (sincerely). Just don't involve me. I wasn't the one who hassled you, so don't involve me. If I am in a good mood and want to help, then that is fine. But I am offended if you *demand* my political support.

[As for the pronoun thing, I am willing to consider it. So long as it is easy and not confusing. Otherwise, if it is inconvenient for me, then no.]

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BoneMonkey posted:

The only thing it takes for evil men to win, is for good men to do nothing.

Or women, or any other pronoun I'll call you what you want. :)

Yeah, that is kind of the thing. Imagine if a Jew came up to me, and was being all arrogant, *demanding* that I shelter him from the SS. That would piss me off a lot.

Now, if he came to me all humble and *requesting* help, then I would either help him or not (depending on the situation). It is not the politics that is the main issue for me, but the attitude of the person. Have you considered that perhaps I just don't feel like getting involved? Why is your business now suddenly my business?

[Note that in this scenario, I had absolutely nothing to do with the SS. Just a normal German citizen]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BoneMonkey posted:

What demands are trans people putting on you?

Or demanding from you?

Er... are you denying that there are demanding Trans? That there are Trans activists?

I mean, if your position is that many/most Trans are respectful and not in your face, that we only notice those who misbehave, then sure. I am willing to respect that. But I hardly think it is a strawman position that Trans / allies activists are often demanding, right?

I don't get how you expect your line of reasoning to play out?

• Locked thread