Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Jack Trades posted:

Looks good to me. I mean, the orange man is planning on doing the same but domestically, right?

wait i think i thought you were the poster with "jack" in his name who is a super right wing facist guy, but it appears i am wrong

gently caress im gettin old or racist or something all you gbs posters starting to look the same to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

a misanthrope posted:

wait i think i thought you were the poster with "jack" in his name who is a super right wing facist guy, but it appears i am wrong

gently caress im gettin old or racist or something all you posters look the same to me

Nah, you're right I'm a massive fascist racist misogynist SJW communist MRA.

At least that's what people tell me. They definitely know better.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Nah, you're right I'm a massive fascist racist misogynist SJW communist MRA.

At least that's what people tell me. They definitely know better.

oh ok good to know im not senile

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Look if you want to be rich, just put on your Sunday's best and go up to the manager, shake their hand and give them your resume and look them in the eye and say you want a job.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

Look if you want to be rich, just put on your Sunday's best and go up to the manager, shake their hand and give them your resume and look them in the eye and say you want a job.

also be a production line robot

you're a robot now good job!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Like 2 billion people would consider every poster in here rich.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Lies.
Western middle-class people are the most oppressed.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hakimashou posted:

omg these "poor" people have refrigerators! what are they complaining about!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Actually you're right. Our rich people need to work harder to increase poverty more. Our poor still have potable water (except in Michigan) and electricity.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 26, 2017

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the earth has enough material wealth to house clothe and feed every human on this planet at modern technology levels with all the added conveniences. it's a problem of distribution and waste. a lot of loving waste.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jan/16/worlds-eight-richest-people-have-same-wealth-as-poorest-50

lol. anyone who manages to accumulate that kind of wealth has no doubt committed a laundry list of abominable crimes and should be put to death along with their families. there's no end to the list of causes all that money could be put toward. expropriating them would definitely make the world a better place.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Doesn't count when a bottle of water costs as much as a third world worker's monthly salary.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Lies.
Western middle-class people are the most oppressed.

Your avatar is you irl right?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hakimashou posted:

At least 4 billion, probably closer to 6.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

skeletonotherkin posted:

Your avatar is you irl right?

Yes? Why else would I have it?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the rich are our superiors in every way

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nooner posted:

the rich are our superiors in every way

*Slips you a hundo*

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

I remember seeing some lovely beat rear end pickup with "part of the one percent" spray painted on it tearing up and down the interstate near my house about four years ago. Thanks to this thread I've discovered that such mentalities are still alive and well.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
America is skewing OECD wage calculations because CEOs and top board members get paid millions per year while the rest of the wage slaves get under 40k. It's pretty hosed up.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

skeletonotherkin posted:

I remember seeing some lovely beat rear end pickup with "part of the one percent" spray painted on it tearing up and down the interstate near my house about four years ago. Thanks to this thread I've discovered that such mentalities are still alive and well.

It was prolly ironic or he meant the white trash motorcycle one percent

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

America is skewing OECD wage calculations because CEOs and top board members get paid millions per year while the rest of the wage slaves get under 40k. It's pretty hosed up.

Death to America

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Blue Train posted:

It was prolly ironic or he meant the white trash motorcycle one percent

I live in the south, I promise you it was a sincere reaction to occupy. I'm sure the actual vehicle wasn't the guys daily driver, just some rust bucket they picked up to use as a mobile billboard.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oic, nuke the south

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

skeletonotherkin posted:

I live in the south, I promise you it was a sincere reaction to occupy. I'm sure the actual vehicle wasn't the guys daily driver, just some rust bucket they picked up to use as a mobile billboard.

What if it was actually driven by Warren Buffett? Doesn't he famously drive some lovely car (see the rich are just like us, but also better because they understand the value of saving!)

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
The rich have built themselves a nice little pedestal and the poor are like angry, hungry piranhas circling underneath them catching their scraps. With the way things are going, it's not a matter of if the privileged tumble down their pedestal but when. My only goal in life right now is that I get to live long enough to see it happen

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

chumbler posted:

What if it was actually driven by Warren Buffett? Doesn't he famously drive some lovely car (see the rich are just like us, but also better because they understand the value of saving!)

HBO did a documentary on him. Dude drives a caddy.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i am gay and poor

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
KILL THE PIG
CUT HER THROAT
SPILL HER BLOOD

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011

Harald posted:

i am gay and poor

Same

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

Chernobyl baby posted:

The rich have built themselves a nice little pedestal and the poor are like angry, hungry piranhas circling underneath them catching their scraps. With the way things are going, it's not a matter of if the privileged tumble down their pedestal but when. My only goal in life right now is that I get to live long enough to see it happen

The rich are banking on their progeny to obfuscate their crimes against humanity. "Stop Being Poor" as an actual slogan should tip you off.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

HBO did a documentary on him. Dude drives a caddy.

The poverty luxury car

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Instead of eating the rich, have you considered being rich?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

i dont want to get eaten

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

General Dog posted:

I'm rich in spirit (and hunger for the flesh of the rich)

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
En paradiso todo es bien

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Au paradis tout est bien

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
What's the cutoff between the top 1% and .1% so I can see where I live? I don't want to get eaten, goons.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
The disparate distribution of wealth in America is truly mind-boggling and I cannot fathom the steps necessary to make it more level

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

myDad posted:

The disparate distribution of wealth in America is truly mind-boggling and I cannot fathom the steps necessary to make it more level

The way I see it, the rich are extremely rich, but the poor really aren't that poor when you compare it to most of the world, and human history. When has there ever been a civilization with such plenty that its poorest citizens are all fat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
If I'm a billionaire am I in the top 1%? My parents didn't tell me important things like this before they were gunned down outside the opera.

• Locked thread