Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

So I work at a senior day-care center as an activities director, and as part of our usual Tuesday current events group this week we talked about a couple high profile suicides that happened in our community recently, like the guy down in Lafayette who set himself on fire in a Wal-Mart parking lot Sunday. The official topic for the day was "hope and hopelessness in our community".

Anyway the point is as part of the discussion I read several particularly cynical posts from this thread, and I wanted to pass on that the old folks here really do sympathize. "Of course they feel that way" said one, a man of 85 in a wheel chair. "Moment they're out of school they see a million signs that all read 'drop dead'. I'd be pissed off too!"
It was seriously inspiring to see the compassion these people have for you guys in the depths of hopelessness, and even if I can't change your minds about having hope personally, I wanted you to know there are people hoping for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

You're not just A Misanthrope, you're THE Misanthrope, AM.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I guarantee I am one of, if not the, poorest motherfucker ITT. I even borrowed my ten bux.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Robots with knees are not going to be a problem guys. You just aim for the knees.

I ain't afraid of Mechagozilla for the same reason I ain't afraid of giant ants: leg joint physics are a biiiiiiiitch.

• Locked thread