Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Instead of eating the rich, have you considered being rich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

myDad posted:

The disparate distribution of wealth in America is truly mind-boggling and I cannot fathom the steps necessary to make it more level

The way I see it, the rich are extremely rich, but the poor really aren't that poor when you compare it to most of the world, and human history. When has there ever been a civilization with such plenty that its poorest citizens are all fat?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

we didn't have fast food and cheetos for most of human history.

Yeah, most of human history sucked.

Just pretend I posted that Fox News graphic about 97% of poor people having a refrigerator, but as an unironic talking point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

a misanthrope posted:

actually being fat is a sign of poverty because you can't afford food that isnt full of corn syrup and you dont have free time to exercise because you are standing in a drive-thru all day

Maybe they should spend less time standing in a drive thru and more time working in a drive-thru. Then you get the food, the money, and the exercise.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This guy seemingly eats the extremely rich, in great quantities

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

a misanthrope posted:

confession: ive never eaten a rich person or a vegetable

I ate Carrie Fisher, sort of a twofer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

SpaceClown posted:

Where in the gently caress can you buy 4 cans of coke for one dollar, let alone 1200 calories worth of chips?

What a bullshit graphic.

You can get a 12 pk of store brand soda for well under $3.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Space Crabs posted:

"Maybe the problem is the trillions of dollars people won't even need yet they treat like a high score in a video game and have indoctrinated the dumbest portions of our culture to violently defend the right to take as much as you possibly can by telling the dumbest they too will be able to take unimaginable amounts of wealth from other people.

But have you considered that Great Value corn is only .48 cents per can compared to the name brand? I can also buy 1 pound of beef for :words: so you see poor people :words: caloric intake from $6 is really :words: of course I have no problem being completely destitute"

literally eat the rich.

destroy the estates of anyone hiding money over seas and the systems they use to do so.

make the senate and congress make minimum wage.

Take any money over $100,000,000 from the rich and put it straight into infrastructure and social programs, executing anyone who then steals that money.

Nope. For you see I can get a better deal on rice if I buy a 20lb bag for .93 cents a pound rather than 1.18 a pound at :words:

Instead of eating the rich, have you considered eating Michelina's lean gormet- quick, healthy meals available for as little as 84 cents?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Space Crabs posted:

If you buy in bulk you save more but really we need to break down the caloric content per cent on those and compare it to the lean cuisine and banquet meals at the similar price points.

Let me go on endlessly about how anecdotally the banquet spaghetti for just 16 more cents is a luxury I can afford due to the taste until I disappear up my own loving rear end in a top hat quoting the price per pound of various foodstuffs.

Lean Cuisine is overpriced garbage.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think most people with over $100 million have it in like businesses and stocks and stuff like that that would be pretty hard for the govt. to just appropriate, it's not a bunch of gold coins in a vault Scrooge McDuck style.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ice Blue Mink posted:

The government could just seize, from these rich folks, the means of production?

That would be morally wrong, imo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's been telling me there isn't a middle class anymore

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

As the old War Nerd columns often told us, the vast majority of warfare is asymmetrical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

School Nickname posted:

The Matrix convinced all mentally ill people with access to firearms that if they decide to shoot up a bank, they're gonna be greeted by 20 SWAT in less than 30 seconds. And in the end it won't matter that much since Humanity will still be enslaved.

Now they shoot up schools and malls 95% of the time.

If only people had the courage to go after those 23 year old tellers who are holding them down.

• Locked thread