Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Wondering how to convince the american people that the french revolution was highly effective in causing change

Not gonna happen as long as shipping and telecommunications remain intact.

But maybe give it thirty years? \/:)\/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Snowpiercer

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

a misanthrope posted:

i legit hope hackers break the gently caress out of them

but they wont because hackers are goony nerds who think poo poo like self-driving cars are neat and don't care if 3 million truckers lose their jobs

Don't worry, asymmetric warfare abroad has illustrated that there is always a low tech wrench to throw in the complex machine.

An example at home: everybody having a cheap camera phone has been a tremendous boon to highlighting police abusing their authority. For all their resources and tactical gear they still have to contend with video records and instant Facebook streaming shining a light on their poo poo.

Things can and will continue to deteriorate but we're a fightin species that works well in groups, this tenacity will always benefit the oppressed class

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Yea it could be a technical if it ever came to outright armed conflict (it won't), it could be your own drone with a net attached, or spray painting the camera lens on a police bot, or sustained whistle blowing and leaks from sympathetic actors within these nation/corporation behemoths.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Psycho Society posted:

lol a cop across the street from me countered this by slamming a college girl into the pavement and throwing her cellphone into the street.

Holy poo poo I hope she got paid.

I assume this was somewhere in America

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
it's in our long term interests that someone like trump who is so reviled attempts to push through some heinous laws after a terror/cyber attack. The public awareness and push back would be far more significant than if it were during a more charismatic presidency ahem :obama:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Voting doesn't matter why would people ever do that?

• Locked thread