Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Hi, I'm the rich. On behalf of myself and others like me, I'd like a say a few words. First, we think that this approach is misguided. There have always been rich people and there always will be. Just because we have better stuff than you doesn't mean you can't have a decent life. We don't really care either way, but it's really not up to us what happens to your life. Hell, you can make money and join us.

Here's the thing, though. Anything we give you will just lead you to demand more things. If we give you healthcare you will want basic income, affordable housing, good public transportation, improvements to public education, free college and daycare, vacations, limited working hours, etc. So we're just going to go ahead and say no right now. If you insist on going ahead with your plan to eat the rich, we will shut off payment systems and banks nationwide. We will stop all deliveries of power sources and food. Some of you are going to have enough cash on hand to feed your family for a week. Most of you won't, especially when the prices spike. I assure you that the flesh of the rich will not be sufficient to feed all of you. Then you will get to experience supply and demand first hand when a hundred people fight for the last can of beans in the supermarket they just trashed. Ever watch the walking dead? It will be kind of like that except with less food. We will be watching it live from Switzerland surrounded by an army of mercenaries.

In conclusion, you can eat some of us. The rest of us and our money will be safe far away from you. And when you're done ripping each other apart for rat meat, gasoline, and potable water, our soldiers will walk through, clean up the survivors and enslave your children. Just something to keep in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The founding fathers never intended the poor to live into their forties.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

a misanthrope posted:

speaking of slaves, it's funny to me how the wealthy are still doing everything they can to get free labor -- even if it fucks over everyone. they used to rely on slaves and now it's robots

Robots aren't labor, they're capital equipment.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

a misanthrope posted:

whatever you want to call it -- they replace labor

Computers replace labor. Washing machines replace labor. Tractors replace labor. Looms replace labor. Printing presses replace labor. You've cracked the code, technology replaces labor.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
There used to be a person who delivers ice to your house to put in your ice box. I say smash your refrigerator and we could get those jobs back.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Lmao the American poor can't even get out to vote for candidates that are in their own interest, what makes you think they're ever going to take to the streets in armed insurrection? Half of people didn't bother to vote, and half of those who did (mostly poor uneducated whites) voted for loving trump.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
(Macro) Economics is not a science. It has no testable and falsifiable theories. Strong mathematical basis will help, but fundamentally it is just guessing and then coming up with an explanation for why things didn't come out the way you expected.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Poor people are dumb as hell and keep getting played by a system that is smarter than they are. Until you solve the people being dumb problem, there's not much that can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

hakimashou posted:

Like 2 billion people would consider every poster in here rich.

At least 4 billion, probably closer to 6.

• Locked thread