Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
En paradiso todo es bien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Au paradis tout est bien

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
The disparate distribution of wealth in America is truly mind-boggling and I cannot fathom the steps necessary to make it more level

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

General Dog posted:

The way I see it, the rich are extremely rich, but the poor really aren't that poor when you compare it to most of the world, and human history. When has there ever been a civilization with such plenty that its poorest citizens are all fat?

That's sort of like the fallacy of false privation. According to a majority of studies quality of life in America continues to increase until income exceeds $60k where the delta flatlines. I think if a lot of people could have a better quality of life with little-to-no expense to others then we should make steps towards that reality.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

General Dog posted:

Yeah, most of human history sucked.

Just pretend I posted that Fox News graphic about 97% of poor people having a refrigerator, but as an unironic talking point.

lol

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
What's the deal with people getting upset about wealth distribution in America but not knowing even the first step to take in order to rectify it? :jerry:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Ice Blue Mink posted:

Do they even have any rich people?

the pedophiles

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Pawn 17 posted:

The global median salary is somewhere around $1500 per year, so you are rich as gently caress. To be the top 1% you only need to make $34,000.

isn't that a false equivalence? a specific amount of money doesn't buy the same quality of life everywhere you go

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
But you are what you eat, it's a vicious cycle

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
As a broke college student,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU