Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smeed posted:

Or we could just all get involved in local politics and elect people who care about us because no matter whether you're rich or poor you still have 1 vote. Whatever is more simple, I dunno.

Nah local politics doesn't matter.

-Every democrat voter and strategist

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Time_pants posted:

It's funny and sad reading this thread because Americans are the laziest, least principled people on the planet, and they will allow the ultra-rich and political elite piss and poo poo all over them with only the occasional Facebook post as their sole form of protest. By the time there's enough of a desire among the American people to rise up and assert themselves, it will be far, far too late.

Corporations are supporting socially progressive causes because they realized it gave a temporary, slight amount of competitive advantage to do so, so they're good now. What was that about stagnant wages and benefits and increasingly long hours and systematic destruction of workers' rights?

Actually that reminds me, the company I work for does the closer parking for pregnant women thing, and the signage for it does the "Parking for future employee (and their mother)" thing, trying to be cute. Yes, current employee, you are an afterthought. Promise your children to the corporate lord!

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 26, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In America, doing poo poo you hate for people who don't care about you because the alternative is death is a virtue. Until that prevailing sentiment is obliterated, no progress will ever be made.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Like 2 billion people would consider every poster in here rich.

Actually you're right. Our rich people need to work harder to increase poverty more. Our poor still have potable water (except in Michigan) and electricity.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 26, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

skeletonotherkin posted:

I live in the south, I promise you it was a sincere reaction to occupy. I'm sure the actual vehicle wasn't the guys daily driver, just some rust bucket they picked up to use as a mobile billboard.

What if it was actually driven by Warren Buffett? Doesn't he famously drive some lovely car (see the rich are just like us, but also better because they understand the value of saving!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only class war that will ever actually happen will be the middle class vs the poor.

• Locked thread