Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
spoiler alert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jan/16/worlds-eight-richest-people-have-same-wealth-as-poorest-50

lol. anyone who manages to accumulate that kind of wealth has no doubt committed a laundry list of abominable crimes and should be put to death along with their families. there's no end to the list of causes all that money could be put toward. expropriating them would definitely make the world a better place.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

The way I see it, the rich are extremely rich, but the poor really aren't that poor when you compare it to most of the world, and human history. When has there ever been a civilization with such plenty that its poorest citizens are all fat?

we didn't have fast food and cheetos for most of human history.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*is extremely poor person living in urban area*
*works two jobs*
"I can't wait to go to the grocery store that does not exist and buy the ingredients for the tasty fresh salad I am going to make when I get home from work at midnight!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

here are some vegetables to contemplate. I can recommend cubed potatoes slow cooked in the blood of a billionaire.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

myDad posted:

But you are what you eat, it's a vicious cycle

you can come down with a wicked bad case of gout just by consuming the flesh of a single Rich Kid of Instagram. not for nothing is gout known as "the rich man's disease."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

You can get a 12 pk of store brand soda for well under $3.

yeah, Kroger store brand is like 1.99.

SpaceClown posted:

yeah but even the poors aren't desperate enough to drink that garbage.

i think a more important point here, beyond the type of soda, you'll still be able to get water for a fuckload cheaper anyways.

strangely enough the kroger brand seltzer water is more expensive than the soda. but yes drinking tap water is cheaper, if you live in a place that hasn't poisoned its water supply through pollution.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 27, 2017

• Locked thread