Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
the second any rich person is hung from a post the media will demonize the people who did it and society at large will follow suit, then the rich will be all like "look really, we need these laser death towers, remember that time the muslim islamomarxist terrorists MURDERED a JOB PROVIDER?" and people will look to each other and be like "yeah that was scary!" as they help the robots construct the death towers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
see its okay when the rich systematically exploit people because when they do it, they do it with the approval of other rich people, and oftentimes they follow the arbitrary rules that they have created for society while doing so!

that is what is most important, after all, following the rules. eventually if you follow the rules you will be rewarded! not following the rules leads to punishment. religion teaches us that these rewards and punishments will come after we are dead, so no use getting worked up about any supposed "injustices" we see being committed. it'll all get sorted out, just mind your own business and follow the rules in the meantime.

Bill Gates is also a big philanthropist, he has done so much good with his charity i cannot believe you monsters would ever think to harm such an innocent sweet angel of a man who has donated so much of his hard earned money to quite EXCELLENT causes. In fact many of the financial elites are quite charitable, more charitable than you filthy poors I am sure. Have you considered that they are in fact more morally upright than you and are in fact entitled to their vast wealth through their moral and spiritual superiority?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Panzeh posted:

It's kinda weird how the jobs tend to get easier the more you get paid.

it also gets way easier to blame other people for your fuckups

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I don't think this would work that well actually.

I don't think you can make tons of money loan sharking as one dude in a poor neigh orhood and I think you are just saying you could manipulate others cuz you think you're badass and really smart.

i think his point was that even in a more equitable society you will still have individuals or organizations looking to use underhanded methods to take advantage of their fellow man and enrich themselves. part of the problem is that taking advantage of other people is seen as acceptable or even respectable in our society, if you are dumb enough to get taken in by these people it's YOUR fault, meanwhile they are allowed to operate with relative impunity so long as they do everything "according to the letter of the law".

• Locked thread