Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Its so hosed that when you talk about killing the rich people look at you like you're crazy or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

a misanthrope posted:

the wealthy get free lunch all the time. it's called corporate welfare

Yeah but it's not free because someone paid for it - the taxpayer.

But they deserve it since they're so rich already. Poor people, however, deserve nothing since if they deserved anything they wouldn't be poor!

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

but what happens when you steal all the rich money and it turns out there isnt enough to go around after all?

Supply and demand bitch

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Management posted:

Hi, I'm the rich. On behalf of myself and others like me, I'd like a say a few words. First, we think that this approach is misguided. There have always been rich people and there always will be. Just because we have better stuff than you doesn't mean you can't have a decent life. We don't really care either way, but it's really not up to us what happens to your life. Hell, you can make money and join us.

Here's the thing, though. Anything we give you will just lead you to demand more things. If we give you healthcare you will want basic income, affordable housing, good public transportation, improvements to public education, free college and daycare, vacations, limited working hours, etc. So we're just going to go ahead and say no right now. If you insist on going ahead with your plan to eat the rich, we will shut off payment systems and banks nationwide. We will stop all deliveries of power sources and food. Some of you are going to have enough cash on hand to feed your family for a week. Most of you won't, especially when the prices spike. I assure you that the flesh of the rich will not be sufficient to feed all of you. Then you will get to experience supply and demand first hand when a hundred people fight for the last can of beans in the supermarket they just trashed. Ever watch the walking dead? It will be kind of like that except with less food. We will be watching it live from Switzerland surrounded by an army of mercenaries.

In conclusion, you can eat some of us. The rest of us and our money will be safe far away from you. And when you're done ripping each other apart for rat meat, gasoline, and potable water, our soldiers will walk through, clean up the survivors and enslave your children. Just something to keep in mind.

*guillotine sound*

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna train to be one of those private security dudes and shoot my boss in the face as soon as the poo poo hits the fan.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Chappie gonna help us fight back I just know it

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
You ever try talking to the average person about basic income? We're going to starve to death fighting over scraps before we figure out that spreading the wealth is a good idea. And we will deserve it (in a broad sense, not as individuals, cuz God knows there are people out there trying to make a better world).

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blue Train posted:

Poor people get mad about wealth redistribution because they honestly think they will have money taken from them, idiots

No they think they will somehow be rich one day through hard work and will THEN have money taken from them.

Or they have like one successful person close to them or in heir family who bitches about poor people taking money from them all the time and this influences them even more than their own life experience because rich people must know what they're talking about since they're rich and thus obviously intelligent!

e: idiot morons the lot of them

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Management posted:

(Macro) Economics is not a science. It has no testable and falsifiable theories. Strong mathematical basis will help, but fundamentally it is just guessing and then coming up with an explanation for why things didn't come out the way you expected.

Here's some macro economic science for you, bitch. If you give people who desperately need more money some more money, they will spend it on things they need.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Capitalism is the only way.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jack Trades posted:

Quick google-fu gave me these numbers based on average prices of food in US.

Now, I don't actually eat fast food myself so I don't know the prices but I highly doubt fast food is cheaper than that.

Now that's a valid argument.
Getting overweight because you don't have time to make food is plausible. Getting overweight because you don't have the money to buy proper food is just ridiculous.

Time is money friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jack Trades posted:

I love making the strawmen. I make the best strawmen. The greatest. I'll make strawmen so good I'll keep winning all the time.

GO COMMUNISM! BASH THE FASH!

I hope you get the help you so obviously need.

• Locked thread