Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Also, almost 300 hours in this game and I had no idea there was that special kill animation for a Lord of the Empire (and I assume all other characters sharing his animations) taking out monstrous infantry. This game.

Yeah I've got 600+ hours and had never seen it before and would've missed it if I didn't screw up getting the replay and had to do it over.

I know some people have been waiting for a sale to get this, the base game is $20 and all the DLC is -33% off right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/364360/Total_War_WARHAMMER/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Trujillo posted:

With the Warriors of Chaos temporarily gone from the world, the Warherds of Chaos will need to die before long or Archaon will return at the head of another host of warriors.

Do the Warherds respawn if the Warriors of Chaos are still around?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Perestroika posted:

Oh man, it never gets old to see Archaeon the Everfailure just get utterly clowned on. :allears:

Walked directly into the real big bad and got murdered instantly like the poseur he is.

Bonus points for Archaon falling for the very first trap he saw. Very lore accurate to his abilities are a general.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Like, I know GW can't write a good commander very often, but the canonical Archaon in the original Storm of Chaos tried to bypass a ton of Kislevite fortifications without bothering to secure them, didn't leave enough forces behind to deal with them, slammed face first into the strongest defensive point in all of the Empire, faltered completely, and also decided it was a clever idea to send a 'flanking' force through goddamn Sylvania on the assumption they wouldn't hit trouble there.

Which led to Manfred of all people dunking on his guys. Archaon was so bad he let MANFRED dunk on him.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Like, I know GW can't write a good commander very often, but the canonical Archaon in the original Storm of Chaos tried to bypass a ton of Kislevite fortifications without bothering to secure them, didn't leave enough forces behind to deal with them, slammed face first into the strongest defensive point in all of the Empire, faltered completely, and also decided it was a clever idea to send a 'flanking' force through goddamn Sylvania on the assumption they wouldn't hit trouble there.

Which led to Manfred of all people dunking on his guys. Archaon was so bad he let MANFRED dunk on him.

Wasn't that more or less how it went in his origin story, too? Sigmarites start to hunt him because they figure him as a candidate for the next Everchosen, and his first decision is to stomp right into Altdorf's cathedral to figure out what's going on. And because the Empire is actually kind of on top of things they actually lay a massive trap for him, which he only escapes through blind luck and author fiat.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Archaon is basically the epitome of GW's tendency towards 'This guy is a completely worthless character, general, and concept, but we've decided he's going to win so goddamnit here are all the pluses we can muster' and there's a reason everyone loves kicking his rear end so much in this game.

E: The reason I'll always love the original Storm of Chaos is because it culminated in the equally bland 'sigmar reborn' Valten, who like Archaon I can't remember actually saying a single thing, having a completely irrelevant punch-up with Archaon that didn't resolve anything while all the better characters won the war around them. The total irrelevance of the champion of good and champion of evil was great and would've been incredible if it had been in any way intentional on GW's part.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 23, 2017

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

Do the Warherds respawn if the Warriors of Chaos are still around?

I can't remember if the warherds would've come back in the next waves or if they're a one time spawn, it's hard to keep track of them because their default stance is an ambush stance. If either the warherds or the warriors of chaos survive for long enough though then Archaon will come back with more doomstacks in a certain amount of turns and they'll keep coming back until you get all of them and the warherds. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, just tried looking but can't find a good answer.

Norsca are probably going to be the race pack you get for preordering the second game so that will improve both sides of fighting the Chaos invasion. The Norscan tribes are really tedious to fight because of their roster so you don't want to actually bother fighting them or trying to subjugate them as it is when you're playing chaos, it's better to disband your tribal recruitment building immediately and get the chaos warrior one and then load up on warriors and go on a rampage through Kislev and the Empire or wherever you want. Like how they can't do anything about grave guard early on, Chaos warriors are in the same category of being nearly unstoppable when going up against early Empire troops. But if Norsca gets a full roster and some new mechanics that'll be a big improvement for the campaign.

Which reminds me, they've shown some of the campaign map for the second game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

The Vampire Coast, they're shown sort've prominently so hopefully they'll be playable and speak like vampire pirates. The way they're described it doesn't sound like they will be but mods will unlock them eventually if not. There's a mod that unlocks every single faction for solo or to use in a co-op campaign. Apparently there's a tomb kings ship somewhere too in the video, I saw something that looked like pyramids ships but wasn't sure if that's them or lizardmen.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 23, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Night10194 posted:

Archaon is basically the epitome of GW's tendency towards 'This guy is a completely worthless character, general, and concept, but we've decided he's going to win so goddamnit here are all the pluses we can muster' and there's a reason everyone loves kicking his rear end so much in this game.

E: The reason I'll always love the original Storm of Chaos is because it culminated in the equally bland 'sigmar reborn' Valten, who like Archaon I can't remember actually saying a single thing, having a completely irrelevant punch-up with Archaon that didn't resolve anything while all the better characters won the war around them. The total irrelevance of the champion of good and champion of evil was great and would've been incredible if it had been in any way intentional on GW's part.

If Chaos were smart, they would have won already. I always roll my eyes when hearing about how such and such servitor is a "infinitely complex deceiver" or whatever because chaos in practice is too dumb for that.

Also I have never heard of Valten so he must have blanded his way into complete nothing. At this point I feel I have learned a lot about Mannfred and Vlad and the Fay Enchantress and Todbringer and Franz and the Empress of Kislev and a bunch other characters, but this supposed true hero of all goodness has completely escaped my notice.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Valten caused a religious crisis in the Empire because a dipshit priest named Huss ran around declaring this random blacksmith's son sigmar reborn and the current Grand Theoganist after Volkmar got murked was unpopular, so it caught on a bit. Karl Franz, realizing he couldn't just dismiss this crazy religious mania, responded to the demands that he step aside and let this random kid and his religious fanatic buddy become Emperor by instead embracing him and declaring him the Empire's great champion and giving him the hammer to wield while remaining Emperor and in charge of everything. Valten then proceeded to go fight Archaon, mostly lose to him, Archaon gets punched out by Grimgor who moonwalks off the stage and drops the mic, and then while Valten is recovering in bed the Skaven stab him in the dick out of spite because the Skaven were the only evil force that got anything done in the Storm.

Then people make up conspiracy theories about Franz letting Valten die to remove a threat to his rule. The Valten subplot is fine, but he himself was super bland.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Hell, that would actually have been incredibly in keeping with the setting. Turns out there is no grand cosmic struggle between good and evil that serves as the lynchpin for the whole world, it's really just a bunch of mortals running around playing out their personal superstitions (which just happen to have tangible effects because magic). And in the end it turns out they're simply not nearly as important as they believe themselves to be. :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The original Storm of Chaos could've been a fantastic plot point for the setting if GW had embraced what actually happened during it as a sign of the turn of an age.

Instead they rewrote the whole thing so that it had plot points like 'Well the issue with Valten was he and Franz both had the Sigmar juice but because they didn't have enough in one Great Man Chaos won' and threw their rattle out of the pram over how their players had 'ruined' the apocalypse last go at it.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Trujillo posted:

Apparently there's a tomb kings ship somewhere too in the video, I saw something that looked like pyramids ships but wasn't sure if that's them or lizardmen.

I was trying to find the supposed TK ship, as I played them in tabletop, and the best I can figure is that they're referring to the ship with the pyramid just after the pan through the storms. That said, pausing there, that ship has a ziggurat, not a pyramid, and the horn/spike things that are indicative of Lizardman construction, so it's probably Lizardmen.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I didn't see any TK ships, but I did see something that looked like a Vampire Pirate ship.

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014
Valtern was just as dull in the End Times retread of the story which is literally word for word the same, until the climactic fight with Archeon in Middenheim where Valtern gets his Mary Sue rear end handed to him by a kill-stealing Verminlord. About the only satisfying part of the whole clusterfuck that was the death of the Old World.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

If Chaos were smart, they would have won already. I always roll my eyes when hearing about how such and such servitor is a "infinitely complex deceiver" or whatever because chaos in practice is too dumb for that.

Also I have never heard of Valten so he must have blanded his way into complete nothing. At this point I feel I have learned a lot about Mannfred and Vlad and the Fay Enchantress and Todbringer and Franz and the Empress of Kislev and a bunch other characters, but this supposed true hero of all goodness has completely escaped my notice.

The important thing to understand about the infinitely complex deceivers is that they are almost to a one servants of Tzeentch. And Tzeentch finds the thought of total victory insufferably boring. If you win, there is nothing left to hope for, so always include an escape hatch for your plot if it looks like it might succeed. One of the only bits of plot behind Archaon(and his 40K counterpart Abbadon) that is any good is the reason they're a danger at all.

They actually give a poo poo.

Nurgle always wins in the end. It's just a question of if he wants to lurch off his several-ton-plague-seeping rear end and try to expedite it a little. Spoiler warning, 999 times out of a thousand the answer is no. Khorne exults in bloodshed, and if victory is achieved there will be a marked downturn in skulls per minute for his sweet throne. Slaanesh, well, take look loving one at Prince Sigvald the Magnificent, Foremost Champion of Slaanesh, and you understand why Slaanesh is not an existential threat. And the second one of Tzeentch's plots looks like it's going to succeed, he will arrange to backstab himself just to keep the game going.

Archaon is dangerous not because he has been blessed by the Chaos Gods- in a 1v1 pretty much any of the Big Four's foremost champions could take him- he's dangerous because he's actively rejected their most potent blessings in the name of retaining his desire to accomplish their goal, and managed to tell them no without being killed for his insolence.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Now I'm imagining some living diplomat coming to Vlad and haughtily asking what the Vampires have done for the world while the living were desperately fighting together against the forces of Chaos. Vlad raises an eyebrow, turns and looks at the still living mounted heads of every single big name Chaos champion behind him, turns to look back at the diplomat, and silently considers if this guy is even intelligent enough to raise as a zombie.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I probably said this before, but I feel CA really dropped the ball by not giving the Von Carstein faction the exact same campaign objectives as the Empire.

(namely unite the provinces through conquest or diplomacy, take out Archaon and eliminate the Vampire Counts)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ashsaber posted:

Now I'm imagining some living diplomat coming to Vlad and haughtily asking what the Vampires have done for the world while the living were desperately fighting together against the forces of Chaos. Vlad raises an eyebrow, turns and looks at the still living mounted heads of every single big name Chaos champion behind him, turns to look back at the diplomat, and silently considers if this guy is even intelligent enough to raise as a zombie.

"Okay, see, THIS guy is why I have to kill everyone."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ZearothK posted:

I probably said this before, but I feel CA really dropped the ball by not giving the Von Carstein faction the exact same campaign objectives as the Empire.

(namely unite the provinces through conquest or diplomacy, take out Archaon and eliminate the Vampire Counts)

I wish that there was a different Chaos faction where you play as a province that has fallen to worshipping one of the Chaos gods. None of this "Here's roaming armies, kill everyone" but actual "Play as an Empire/Britonnian faction, except that you have high-level buildings that allow chaos troops and you can corrupt provinces". The "cults of chaos are everywhere and corruption reaches to the highest points" has been a thing in the fluff for so long that it's a little sad that it's nowhere to be seen in this game.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

ZearothK posted:

Yeah...considering that even in the end times when he was being forced to obey someone who WANTED the empire to die Vlad continued to help the Empire against Chaos when he had the chance. And here he isn't bound by Nagash. Vlad is only an evil race by nature of wanting to rule the Empire, and considering that Vlad is considered one of the best rulers in the setting..... doesn't seem like that bad of a thing really. Like the only people I feel like shouldn't be united against chaos in this game are the orcs and beastmen. And that's purely because the beastmen ARE chaos and the orcs want to beat chaos and everyone else, they really don't care about sides in any conflict so much as that they get to fight.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean Vlad is a brutal egomaniac tyrant who has fits of murderous temper that are absolutely legendary. He's still a bad guy, just one with a bit of nuance who wants to rule the world instead of destroy it, and partly wants to rule the world because he genuinely thinks he'd do a good job.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

When my friend read about Vlad, he declared him the Warhammer version of Doctor Doom. I can see it.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Night10194 posted:

I mean Vlad is a brutal egomaniac tyrant who has fits of murderous temper that are absolutely legendary. He's still a bad guy, just one with a bit of nuance who wants to rule the world instead of destroy it, and partly wants to rule the world because he genuinely thinks he'd do a good job.

And to be fair, brutal egomaniac describes like, 90% of the rest of the rulers around anyways...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

There is a pair of magic boots with a story about their cobbler who dedicated his every breath to making this pair of boots the best pair of boots in the world, and when the nobleman client came to get them, they simply weren't shiny enough for his liking so he had the cobbler hanged and gave the boots to a stable boy. There are stories like that all over this franchise.

Vampires are monsters that eat people but they make a compelling case as better than the establishment now and again.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The world is full of bloodsucking bastards who brutalize the peasants and cover themselves in legitimacy with stupid names and titles of ownership, and also vampires.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Really, the problem is mostly that the average vampire does as much bad poo poo as the average noble while also eating people. It's less a matter of better or worse and more of 'almost directly equivalent'.

Also note almost every major war against the vampires (and by the vampires) usually boils down to normal human political motivations like conquest and civil conflict.

glocknar
May 17, 2017
First of all, did not see Archaon having that bad a day coming, but I am utterly delighted about it. Second of all, Karl needs to put on his big boy britches and get off Deathclaw when he faces Vlad if he wants a modicum of my respect. And since we all know he wont, dogpile him with flyers. DEATH CANNOT BE ESCAPED :black101:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

marshmallow creep posted:

There is a pair of magic boots with a story about their cobbler who dedicated his every breath to making this pair of boots the best pair of boots in the world, and when the nobleman client came to get them, they simply weren't shiny enough for his liking so he had the cobbler hanged and gave the boots to a stable boy. There are stories like that all over this franchise.

I just want to say that I remembered that story and it prompted me to spend like 15 minutes through my WFRP books trying to find the original version of it, until I found it in Realms of Sorcery. It was the count of Stirland too, screw those guys.

It is a pretty weird list, ranging from the aforementioned boots (which simply let you treat kicks as armed attacks) to the Silver Seal Karl Franz carries.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ZearothK posted:

I just want to say that I remembered that story and it prompted me to spend like 15 minutes through my WFRP books trying to find the original version of it, until I found it in Realms of Sorcery. It was the count of Stirland too, screw those guys.

If there is one thing every Sylvanian (and halfling) knows, it's that Sitrlanders are dicks.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Turns 125-141

Turn 125 political map. Templehof's armies have been busy out of frame clearing out the Greenskins from the Norhern Worlds Edge Mountains and Peak Pass. They've slowly raided their way to the infested holds to avoid taking attrition and burned them one after the other. The Greenskins have been too busy fighting the Dwarfs in a never ending struggle to send anything against north. The Beastmen have thrived off the Dwarf-Greenskin stalemate and now most of the Badlands and the Blood River Valley are in ruin. Karaz-a-Karak, the Dwarf capital city and seat of High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer has weathered the storms but is completely isolated from their only remaining land in the far south by Grimgor's Greenskins in between. the Wood Elves have finally started to leave the forest and push into the southern kingdoms, partly because Estalia was set as a war coordination target at some point.

Relations with the Empire before the "Age of Peace" starts.

---

A turn ago, Franz was just calling us his friend and talking on and on about the living and the dead working together, now he's threatening us with witch hunters. The witch hunters will soon be the hunted. With Archaon dead and no sign of Mannfred, the von Carsteins can end the truce with the jester on their throne.

Relations after the Age of Peace.

---

So as to not give the Empire time to go on a recruiting drive in all their new territories, the blitzkrieg starts immediately. Before the war started again, The Red Duke had been on his way to the Chaos front and passed by Karl Franz on the road.

When word spread that they were now fair game, the Red Duke immediately doubled back to take the usurper's head.

Battle Thirty Two - Karl Franz vs the Red Duke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se_545bKGjw

Webber raises up an army and lays siege to Eilhart while a Mousillonese general, Huebald Lancer, raises a fresh army and takes Kemperbad.

---

Every 'civilized' faction signed non-aggression and trade agreements with the von Carsteins during the struggle against Chaos, and every one of them ripped the treaties up within a few turns into the Age of Peace. Only Orion of the Wood Elves kept his word, probably because the Wood Elves are the only race that doesn't have an aversion to the undead in their relations and they've been an ally for a lot longer. If you give a lot of gifts (the relations boost stacks for each gift you give even in the same turn so you can change any factions mind about you with enough money) and keep the gifts coming to certain factions you wanted to stay friends or allies with during the Age of Peace and that might keep them from backstabbing you, but most factions will be out for your blood.

---

Too afraid to attack walled settlements, the Karak Norn and Karak Hirn Dwarfs roam Greater Sylvania looking for easy targets. The settlements around the Dwarf holds that never got walls up in time pay the price.

One of the advantages to having constant rebellions everywhere, Vampire rebels take out one of the marauding Dwarf armies.

---

The balance of power bar is even here, but most of Gelt's army is ranged. Most of the Empire armies here have too many ranged units compared to melee, I think because for a long time they barely had any territory so they probably didn't have all the recruitment buildings they needed.

---

Turn 130, political map.

Diplomatic.

Relations.

---

The last Kislevite settlement falls, but thirty-four maniacs escape into the woods still carrying their tattered bear banner, never to be seen again. Kislev's serfs would've eventually grown to love their new Empress more than their old Ice Queen if any of them had survived the twisted hellscape that Kislev became. Fort Jakova alone survived, and only thanks to the von Carsteins pushing Chaos back to the wastes.

---

Vlad abandons a siege of Salzenmund after facing some resistance there to instead corrupt the homeland of the traitor Boris Todbringer.

A single tear drops down Boris Todbringer's one eye. To add insult to injury, Karl Franz gave him the position of The Emperor's Eye and tasked with defending Altdorf to the last.

---

The Magnificent 34 must've run into an army of Skaeling or Varg. They would've been better off surrendering to the von Carsteins or falling on their own swords.

Hergig, the last fortified Empire stronghold north of the river Talabec falls in a puff of green smoke.

The von Carstein family reunion.

Reynald Jaeger takes the Brass Keep and upper Hochland for himself as a reward for his part in the battle behind Bechafen Bridge.

---

The balance of power bar is way in their favor but a lot of the battles that it makes it look unwinnable aren't if you fight it yourself. It doesn't take regeneration or summons into account.

---

The ring around Altdorf, the von Carstein's ultimate ambition, starts to close. Pressured on all sides, Boris has to choose between defending his fellow Middenlanders at Carrorburg or hiding behind the walls of Altdorf.

---

Turn 135.

The whole of the Empire already being saturated with vampiric corruption made the invasion a lot easier and quicker. With either 25% or 50% vampiric corruption in enemy territory you can move without taking attrition. Once you take the territory, you don't take attrition even if there isn't corruption yet.

---

Franz, having recovered from his honorable duel with the Red Duke, makes an attempt to retake Middenheim.

Until the Red Duke strolls into the city.

---

This is a meaningless battle but wanted to include it because of how it ends. Don't think I've ever gotten a draw before but it's all thanks to a single plucky vargheist.

Battle Thirty Five - The Cursed City: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkMmi8oHM-U

---

Todbringer abandons his people and tries to take refuge at Altdorf and leaves Carroburg to the ghouls.

Vlad and Isabella return to the place they last died, when Mannfred betrayed them right before the assault on Altdorf that would've given them the Empire. This time there's no more Mannfred, although the capital city is well prepared and well defended.

---

Was well defended. Boris Todbringer sails his army out onto the river like a rat as soon as it's the Empire's turn. I didn't know you could come and go from Altdorf while it was under siege from the river but apparently you can. I wonder if that applies to any coastal city.

There was about to be a huge battle for Altdorf but Boris sailed away. If I had known that was possible I would've immediately attacked. The garrison is still strong and the towers deadlier than any other, but now the last Reiklanders are all alone.

Battle Thirty Six - Assault on Altdorf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdNEjNKbaTQ

A day dreamed about for centuries, the von Carstein banners are unfurled in the throne room at Altdorf as Vlad and Isabella take their rightful seats as the near undisputed Empress and Emperor. Countless have died who stood in their way, but there's one more death needed to fully close the casket on the Empire of Men. The throne room was deserted, Karl Franz is on the run with an ever smaller band of die hard followers.

---

The eclectic group of von Carstein generals that had decided to starve out Volkmar the Grim and his followers start to get bored of him and launch a bloody attack on the city and leave none alive.

Nordland, the last remaining power base of the Empire is quickly overrun after Altdorf falls.

Without any more cities or towns under their control or hope of a successful resistance, Empire soldiers start to desert in droves, and those who don't are now wading through vampire country and taking even more attrition.

But Isabella is here to put them out of their misery in her final battle.

Battle Thirty Seven - Death to Todbringer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K55xsjE_ud8

The spell used near the end is Pit of Shades, a shadow spell, it's one of the best in the game because it's a vortex spell but it doesn't move. All the other vortex spells will move around and might barely hit the enemy or will move into your own troops. If you really wanted to be efficient you could land a single vampire and let them get mobbed by the enemy and then cast pit of shades from another vampire since it has a minimum range.

---

The Mousillonese necromancer Reynald the Man-Slayer is sent to put his name to the test and turn Karl Franz undead.

The Varg saved him some trouble and killed all of the Franz loyalists and nearly mortally wounded Franz, who's now the only person in the world still fighting for his illegitimate claim to the throne.

Battle Thirty Eight - The End: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4IxtYZhCw

I didn't think it would even take that long for the zombies to bring him down, but because of his high melee defense the zombies barely hit him, and he had a regenerating item, so even though he started off with 1hp he actually started to get it back slowly. He could've kept killing zombies forever with only 1hp because I'm pretty sure it's a corpse cart that brings him down and ends the campaign.

---

Stats:

I played a little more of the campaign to try to get the last few vampire achievements I didn't have, the last maps:

Thanks for reading, I feel like most of the battles I showed didn't really do the game justice but hopefully the tutorial parts will have helped some new players :drac:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

World saved? Check.

World conquered? Check.

Looked fabulous while doing it? Check.

That's some right proper Carsteinin'.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
Pretty sure leaving besieged cities by sea works for any ports, I've had it happen a bunch when playing Beastmen and trashing Tilea/Estalia/Border Princes.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Congratulations! World has been saved by the legitimate rulers of the Empire.

I hope Boris suffered, bastard ran away from what would have been the greatest battle of the campaign, Ulric should be ashamed of his champion.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
They said it, they backed it up. They are the New Order. :drac::respek::agesilaus:

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
A well played game.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Congratulations. Excellent LP.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
In the section before the fight against Boris Todbringer you put the results over the battle video then under it put the results in a spoiler. Didn't bother me a whole lot with how I read these but I figured I should inform you.

That aside, this has been a great LP that did actually improve my opinion of playing the vampire counts and inspired me to start up a few of my own campaigns in the game again. Prior to this they were on my list of never played factions along with the beastmen(mostly due to how new they were and a not being thrilled with the standard chaos campaign) and the empire. Now only the empire and beastmen are there, and the Carsteins are one of my favorite factions to play. So thank you for an excellent LP.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Thanks for the LP! This was fun and interesting to read.

I'm surprised you never once picked the "loot and occupy" button. Does it just do too much damage to the city to be worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

A fitting end for both the game and the pretender Emperor! Looking forward to whenever you decide to LP whatever.

• Locked thread