Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
For reference, the chance to hit is something like 40% + Melee Attack - Melee Defense. That puts the 5 melee attack of zombies in perspective - if whatever they're attacking has anything more than the slightest melee defense, the zombies aren't hitting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

Ghost of Starman posted:

This LP convinced me to try out my copy of TW:WH. Mind if I ask two super-newbie :orks101: questions?

1.) I feel like I'm really under the gun to finish the first "crush your rival Warboss" / "babby's first siege" quest ASAP, but a preliminary attempt convinced me that his army + the garrison were a little too much for me to handle. Do I actually need to rush, or is that just a false sense of urgency; and if there is some time-pressure there, is there any way to bait him out or do I just need to suck less in the tactical battle?

2.) How does one deal with super-fast archer skirmishers like, e.g., the Goblin Wolf Chariots that seem to outpace literally everything I have access to?

There's no huge time rush - you can safely take a few turns to recruit some more units. Just keep in mind, the other side will have time to build up too.

Skirmishers die badly to any on-foot ranged, or you can try to encircle them. Unless the ai brought a stupid number of them, chasing them off with ranged fire is usually enough to keep them from being effective.

Chariots are a bit of a special case where in the ai's hands they're particularly obnoxious - tons of ranged fire or cavalry is your best bet.

DarthRoblox fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 21, 2017

• Locked thread