Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Vlad was the first lord I won a legendary campaign with, back when he was part of the main Vampire Counts faction, looking forward to the power couple's efforts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Night10194 posted:

In the WHFRP2e book for the Vampire Counts, it lists the only major exports of Sylvania as 'Misery, death.'

The finest misery and death in all the Old World!

Actually, it is fear and death! Though misery and death sound better.

Speaking of which, Sylvania is just a delight place to live in.

You're taking some amazingly beautiful pictures to introduce the units, Trujillo.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ze Pollack posted:

The Warhammer halflings are notable for two things: one, they have a vote for Emperor, courtesy of Ludwig the Fat being notably greedy even for an emperor, two, they have some very good vampire hunters, on the grounds that since they border Sylvania they get an awful lot of practice.

Do note that Ludwig wasn't bribed by the Moot, he just despised the electors and really liked Halfling food, the finest meal of his life coming from them, so he gave the Moot a vote out of spite for the electors counts and from appreciation for their culinary ability. It was the cult of Sigmar that bribed him to give the Grand Theogenist a vote.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Herr Tog posted:

Well this is goddamn amazing and I wonder what, if anything, you will do about chaos and waaaghs

If there are Waaaghs it will be a good thing, Long Victory for Vampires requires genociding the Dwarfs; and Orcs & Goblins are a much easier fight than Dwarfs for Vampires anyway.

[edit]Actually, yeah, the von Carsteins have no reason to go south of the Border Princes anyway.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 10, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Karak Hirn is easily the most annoying faction in the entire game. If you are the Elves, Vampires or Empire they will declare war on you just because you happened to share a continent with them, same with the Bretonnian factions by the midgame. I always make a point of razing them.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

And welcome back!

A question as I thought of your plan for the pet Templehof. Do vassal's provinces count for Imperium for the purpose of triggering the Chaos invasion or are they pretty much free territory?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ZearothK posted:

Karak Hirn is easily the most annoying faction in the entire game. If you are the Elves, Vampires or Empire they will declare war on you just because you happened to share a continent with them, same with the Bretonnian factions by the midgame. I always make a point of razing them.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Morbidmind posted:

At one point there was a hilarious synergy/bug (not sure if its fixed) with Witch-hunters, where if they were equipped with both the fireball ring and a scroll of power, you could pop them both and they'd machinegun out fireballs from their pistol.

I believe that's called "summon Sienna Fuegonasus" in common parlance.

Anyways, the point of the item is to allow you to quickly recast a spell at the cost of your Wizard's health. It is usually seen in multiplayer on the Light Wizard to cast the Net spell (which locks units in place) twice against tight formations, letting you spend over a minute just shooting the poor bastards, but it could potentially be game-changing by essentially doubling the duration of any other buff spell at a critical juncture.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hey, glad to see this back!

Sure looks Karl Franz is only a von Carstein declaration of war to be in.... Total war.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I wouldn't consider them very good against Beastmen either because a single Fate of Bjurna from a Death Shaman will destroy them, and Occam's Mind Razor from the Lore of Shadows also imbues magic damage in an area. It is a shame they are so underpowered for their cost, because they look awesome and war ghosts are a fun idea.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Colour me as learning something new, I had no idea rebellions got a second pass of units if the province goes under -100 again.

You appear to be somewhat overstretched, but I tend to take the campaign more slowly anyway.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Good show!

Ravenfood posted:

Plus side is that bloody battles mean graves which means decent reinforcement options in the field!

Yeah, I had a similar level of attrition against the Chaos invasion in my own Vamps legendary game, but it was fine because Vampires have a really easy time to rebuild armies, specially after a big fight.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Good stuff, I take it you already have the required amount of provinces for victory? That means all that's left is to kill Chaos and destroy the Empire, ja?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Same. It is one of my favourite things in Total Hammer to put him in his place. Congrats on beating the End of Times!

Also, almost 300 hours in this game and I had no idea there was that special kill animation for a Lord of the Empire (and I assume all other characters sharing his animations) taking out monstrous infantry. This game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I probably said this before, but I feel CA really dropped the ball by not giving the Von Carstein faction the exact same campaign objectives as the Empire.

(namely unite the provinces through conquest or diplomacy, take out Archaon and eliminate the Vampire Counts)

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

marshmallow creep posted:

There is a pair of magic boots with a story about their cobbler who dedicated his every breath to making this pair of boots the best pair of boots in the world, and when the nobleman client came to get them, they simply weren't shiny enough for his liking so he had the cobbler hanged and gave the boots to a stable boy. There are stories like that all over this franchise.

I just want to say that I remembered that story and it prompted me to spend like 15 minutes through my WFRP books trying to find the original version of it, until I found it in Realms of Sorcery. It was the count of Stirland too, screw those guys.

It is a pretty weird list, ranging from the aforementioned boots (which simply let you treat kicks as armed attacks) to the Silver Seal Karl Franz carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Congratulations! World has been saved by the legitimate rulers of the Empire.

I hope Boris suffered, bastard ran away from what would have been the greatest battle of the campaign, Ulric should be ashamed of his champion.

• Locked thread