Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, zombies were the most useless units in the original tabletop- they were meatshields, nothing more. That being said, from what I hear (never played as or against them meself) at only 3 points a model and raise dead spells allowing them to grow even beyond their initial size, they were great for plonking caster heroes in. Since VC heroes in the TT were hella expensive (but still worth their points to boot) and skeletons were hard to paint, I can see people taking hordes of those guys in their games, but not why you'd want them in Total Warhammer if there were any other choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Mannfred's a whiny bitch baby who caused the End Times and it's good Mommy and Daddy von Carstein have him locked up in the basement :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
gently caress yes Skaven :allears: I hope Ikit Claw and/or Thanquol are among their Legendary Lords, can't imagine playing the Skaven and not being allowed either of them.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 1, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Since this might as well be a Vampire lorepost, what happens when a Blood Dragon manages to drink the blood of a Dragon? I hear they either simply up their power levels and become a super-vampire, or more dramatically lose all their vampire weaknesses while retaining their strengths. And is it only the Blood Dragons who can do this?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I always saw vampires, both in WHFB and elsewhere as not really draining their victims dry, but simply draining that 'vital essence' needed for someone to survive. Sure you can give a victim a blood transfusion, but once all that essence is gone they dead. It's how I think Abhorash drained that dragon- he just drank a pint, but in doing so drained the dragon's lifeforce.

Also, strengthening a vampire court's just asking for all kinds of trouble...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dwarves don't have blood in their veins, but liquid spite :black101:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Trujillo posted:

Now I want a unit that's just a skull that floats around and taunts the enemy and lowers their leadership. Wish I knew how to mod.

Thought I'd post this here, the first in-engine trailer for Total Warhammer II, showing the lizardmen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfO-pdyNWvg

yesyesyesBUT WHERE ARE THE SKAVEN

Seriously though, while I know CA's gonna reveal the Skaven for the big marketing push, they could at least have a shot of rats with glowing red eyes eating the corpses at the end or something.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Skaven are also very, very fun to play, since their reliance on malfunctioning war machines (assuming you play Skryre, the only good clan :colbert:) and their ability to shoot into close combat actually encourages you to view losing vast numbers of your own troops as a feature, not a bug. A good Skaven campaign should make losing as much fun, if not more, than winning.

Also, they're a race of tiny, tiny Cobra Commanders- what's not to like?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ashsaber posted:

Now I'm imagining some living diplomat coming to Vlad and haughtily asking what the Vampires have done for the world while the living were desperately fighting together against the forces of Chaos. Vlad raises an eyebrow, turns and looks at the still living mounted heads of every single big name Chaos champion behind him, turns to look back at the diplomat, and silently considers if this guy is even intelligent enough to raise as a zombie.

"Okay, see, THIS guy is why I have to kill everyone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, if you do, I hope you do the right thing and play as the best race, the Skaven.

• Locked thread