Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Even in this l.p. the empire just can't catch a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I haven't actually played much Warhammer, let alone Total War Warhammer, but the idea of Fantasy Russia allying with vampires because they both just hate Chaos so much amuses me. Needs must, I suppose.

I hope they get the Kislevites a proper appearance in the upcoming game, perhaps as DLC; though I understand people would be more interested in Skaven and lizardmen, I'd still dig some of that fantasy Russian flavor. I want ice witches and hussars and streltsies.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 23, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

It's always a good day when you can see an elf get crushed by a dinosaur.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Archaon is basically the epitome of GW's tendency towards 'This guy is a completely worthless character, general, and concept, but we've decided he's going to win so goddamnit here are all the pluses we can muster' and there's a reason everyone loves kicking his rear end so much in this game.

E: The reason I'll always love the original Storm of Chaos is because it culminated in the equally bland 'sigmar reborn' Valten, who like Archaon I can't remember actually saying a single thing, having a completely irrelevant punch-up with Archaon that didn't resolve anything while all the better characters won the war around them. The total irrelevance of the champion of good and champion of evil was great and would've been incredible if it had been in any way intentional on GW's part.

If Chaos were smart, they would have won already. I always roll my eyes when hearing about how such and such servitor is a "infinitely complex deceiver" or whatever because chaos in practice is too dumb for that.

Also I have never heard of Valten so he must have blanded his way into complete nothing. At this point I feel I have learned a lot about Mannfred and Vlad and the Fay Enchantress and Todbringer and Franz and the Empress of Kislev and a bunch other characters, but this supposed true hero of all goodness has completely escaped my notice.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

When my friend read about Vlad, he declared him the Warhammer version of Doctor Doom. I can see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

There is a pair of magic boots with a story about their cobbler who dedicated his every breath to making this pair of boots the best pair of boots in the world, and when the nobleman client came to get them, they simply weren't shiny enough for his liking so he had the cobbler hanged and gave the boots to a stable boy. There are stories like that all over this franchise.

Vampires are monsters that eat people but they make a compelling case as better than the establishment now and again.

• Locked thread