Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Worth noting that Isabella's army skills boost Vargheist armour significantly, so like you note with the bats, the Vargheists become even better units as Isabella levels up.

Also in future, when you're taking screenshots of the spells in the spell browser, I think you should click the little overcast symbol so the tooltip in the spell browser will show what overcasting does (in blue text).

This is good so far, gonna keep an eye on the thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

CommissarMega posted:

Well, zombies were the most useless units in the original tabletop- they were meatshields, nothing more. That being said, from what I hear (never played as or against them meself) at only 3 points a model and raise dead spells allowing them to grow even beyond their initial size, they were great for plonking caster heroes in. Since VC heroes in the TT were hella expensive (but still worth their points to boot) and skeletons were hard to paint, I can see people taking hordes of those guys in their games, but not why you'd want them in Total Warhammer if there were any other choice.

They're almost always the most plentiful units available when you use Raise Dead and if all you want is to provide bodies for the front line they work very well. There are so many in a unit that even if they all get killed their killers tend to be tired out from doing it, making them vulnerable to your actual good units. And ease of replacement makes them completely expendable. If you get various techs and buffs they can even take some enemies down with them.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
It also means the town you occupy will be less developed as sacking destroys buildings and even lowers town level.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Stephen9001 posted:

That's what I said, though admittedly in a significant amount more words.

You posted in the time I took to reply and I didn't notice it - it wasn't an attempted correction of you!

I'm really enjoying this LP by the way (and generally having two Warhammer LPs active at once). Excited to see the tag-team power-couple fall on Mannfred soon.

• Locked thread