Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Green Intern posted:

I'm a fan of all the *wink wink* the devs are doing about the Skaven being included.

I'm reading it more as of course everyone knows the Skaven are in, but they're still hammering out details of how the Skaven will work before they say anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Night10194 posted:

Who also ride dinosaurs, so you know.

And mount laser cannons on dinosaurs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

White Coke posted:

I hope that after they add the Skaven we get Hobgoblins, the one race more treacherous than the Skaven. They have boney humps because literal back-stabbing is so prevalent in their "society".

We won't. At most, hobgoblins will be part of the Chaos Dwarfs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zebrin posted:

Does it require full drain, or can you drink, like, a pint of the stuff and get the effects? Because I could see this being a good reason for vampires to hunt a dragon down, capture it, and then basically drain it slowly for the whole family. Hell, maybe just install a tap.
Keeping a dragon knocked out, while slowly exsanguinating it would be hella evil... but no less so then most vampires are already. And it would strengthen the vampire court that did it immensely. And as a bonus to keeping it weak, having it constantly low on blood would make it hard for it to do anything.
And if it does require killing to get the effect, just kill it, raise it as an undead dragon, and use it to grab the next one.

That's one of the big questions for the Blood Dragons, since no one but Abhorash has supposedly done it and even then no one's certain that Abhorash actually did it or even existed. In the tabletop RPG, it's explicitly left as a "DM decides" thing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

White Coke posted:

The Vampire Counts should get some kind of ranged unit, like skeletal archers.

Skeleton archers are the Tomb Kings' thing. In this game as on the tabletop, ranged just isn't the Counts' thing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Calax posted:

Thing is, Skavenblight is on the current in game map, down in the Border Princes territory.

Also, the only purpose of skaven is to die en masse to the dinosaurs riding other dinosaurs with lasers.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ynglaur posted:

So, Skaven are simply unfulfilled experience points?

Eh. I put them with the greenskins as existing mainly as a way to introduce characters as badasses and hardened military veterans by slaughtering lots of them - the same role beastmen play.

I don't find any of the traditionally evil/chaotic races in Warhammer Fantasy interesting aside from the Vampire Counts, though. I'm all for the Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Dwarfs, and Empire.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Congratulations. Excellent LP.

• Locked thread