Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Trujillo posted:

The fight against Drakenhof's garrison should be the last major Vampire on Vampire battle besides rebellions, and at least rebellions will spawn with varied units. I think vampire mirror matches are probably the most boring matchup in the game, especially when it's nothing but skeletons and zombies, so glad to be past that phase of the campaign now.

I noticed that it basically boiled down to "bury the other side in chaff, then assassinate the leadership."

I expect that it will involve much of the same against other groups, but to a lesser extent as the entire army doesn't fall apart on their leader's deaths. They get a morale penalty sure, but can keep fighting.

I look forwards to seeing you actually field some of those nicer units yourself too. Watching a horde of skeletons and zombies basically grind themselves up against the enemy front line like the most calcium enriched sandpaper imaginable gets kinda boring after a while, you know?

The bat drops are always fun to watch though. Usually because the first one disintegrates whatever you sent them against if it is weak enough. Especially since you usually drop the Varghiests on them too. Flyers are always such fun units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Does it require full drain, or can you drink, like, a pint of the stuff and get the effects? Because I could see this being a good reason for vampires to hunt a dragon down, capture it, and then basically drain it slowly for the whole family. Hell, maybe just install a tap.
Keeping a dragon knocked out, while slowly exsanguinating it would be hella evil... but no less so then most vampires are already. And it would strengthen the vampire court that did it immensely. And as a bonus to keeping it weak, having it constantly low on blood would make it hard for it to do anything.
And if it does require killing to get the effect, just kill it, raise it as an undead dragon, and use it to grab the next one.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

I always saw vampires, both in WHFB and elsewhere as not really draining their victims dry, but simply draining that 'vital essence' needed for someone to survive. Sure you can give a victim a blood transfusion, but once all that essence is gone they dead. It's how I think Abhorash drained that dragon- he just drank a pint, but in doing so drained the dragon's lifeforce.

Also, strengthening a vampire court's just asking for all kinds of trouble...

Yeah, I read that vampires drink the magic in the blood, just as much as the blood itself, which is why they can survive just on the winds of death alone. Even though doing that drives them several steps past bonkers. So maybe that is right...

As to the whole "Strengthening the vampire courts" being a bad thing....
That is the whole point of this thread.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Don't dwarves turn to stone if they try to cast a spell? That might be the reason they taste like ash... Though them being grudge bearing pricks is also a likely story...

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I mean Vlad is a brutal egomaniac tyrant who has fits of murderous temper that are absolutely legendary. He's still a bad guy, just one with a bit of nuance who wants to rule the world instead of destroy it, and partly wants to rule the world because he genuinely thinks he'd do a good job.

And to be fair, brutal egomaniac describes like, 90% of the rest of the rulers around anyways...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

A well played game.

• Locked thread