Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mordja posted:

Wait, they've figured out how to get maps into the campaign already? Sweet!

Can you write up a list of what mods you'll be using btw?

They didn't just figure it out, the devs made a map tool. Mod support for this game is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Because of AI buffs on higher difficulties, vassals can be more valuable on Legendary than taking the properties for yourself. I think you still count as controlling the whole province for commandment purposes.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Overcasting Spirit Leech used to increase its damage, but VC players were casually sniping enemy leadership every match so now it doesn't.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Being able to get the LL with Siege Attacker on turn 1 as Isabella would be even more busted. It's a legitimate balancing concern that I approve of.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

So if you have the movement points, there's no reason not to sack the town before occupying it?

Why is there a box around skills two through five in each category? Do you not need to get all of them to progress to the skill beyond them?

You need to put 4 points in one of those boxes before you can get later skills.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Channeling enables replenishment for Vamprie Counts, since their armies are all held together with black magic anyway. I like the flavor for their "civic" buildings, too: the Empire grows a province by building up the economy, but the Vampires grow their infrastructure by making it a more awful place to live, attracting necromancers and other unsavory types, and turning more people into vampires.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Night10194 posted:

It's kind of hilarious how everyone is hype for the lizards or rats, and no-one gives a poo poo about the two flavors of elf. :allears:

I mean, I guess we get Tyrion and Teclis vs Hellebron and Malekith? Again?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It's good to remember that rebellions aren't necessarily a bad thing -- they're free gold and xp you don't have to start wars for, as long as you have an army available.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

To be fair to the halflings, their food is that good.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

JT Jag posted:

What, do Vampires only like the blood of miserable, sad beings, and halflings are just too jolly for them?

Elves get them drunk, dwarfs taste like ashes. Only humans are really good for them to eat.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Zebrin posted:

Don't dwarves turn to stone if they try to cast a spell? That might be the reason they taste like ash... Though them being grudge bearing pricks is also a likely story...

Yes, Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers slowly petrify despite their bargain with Hashut. Dwarfs were made for craft, not magic.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

White Coke posted:

This is a world with many Satans and occasionally they gift their most dedicated servants with transformation into an immortal demigod. Most die horrible deaths after short, futile lives but that's beside the point since everyone knows they'll be one of the successful ones.

Chaos worshipers are basically everything bad about libertarians rolled into one awkwardly-dressed package.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

V&I don't ever really need to go south, since their victory conditions require destroying the main Bretonnia and Empire factions. Mannfred has to kill the Dwarfs, but that's thankfully not required here.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Did the Chaos invasion happen? Lots of wardecs/ treaties breaking at once can crash the game.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I hope you keep going with it, I liked the LP, but I can understand why a crash could kill your enthusiasm.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

8185 total corpses :stare:

At some point you wonder why VC even need to build recruitment structures.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Morghur's regeneration shield + chaos spawn stuff is literal weapons grade bullshit though.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Miscasts are nowhere near as dangerous in game as they are on tabletop, where they could do anything from scorch your wizard to suck them into the warp permanently.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Chariots die to things they can't push around, which means monsters or cavalry that aren't wolf riders.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I ride bikes all day posted:

Seems like the "best" way to handle this is to start with Isabella, then immediately recruit Vlad and pass him the army to get that crazy as gently caress XP skill ASAP.

How do people deal with sieges as vampires? Send skeletons to the walls to put ranged defenders in CC, everything else straight through the gate? I'm seriously dreading the moment my enemies start getting gates with oil.

Vargheists tend to butcher units that are trying to hold a wall, even if all they're fighting is skeletons (and you get grave guard, which are solidly powerful infantry.) Just fly them around and drop them into the back. Magic, as usual with VC, is really powerful.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Gort posted:

I tried an army made of Cairn Wraiths and Hex Wraiths against an endgame chaos army and they just evaporated on contact. 80% physical resistance looked really cool on paper, but in practice it didn't do much for me.

The probably had some magic in there; Aspiring Champions are really great at blending through incorporeal enemies, and Lore of Fire has a cheap buff that lights weapons on fire and gives them magic damage. Chaos is pretty good at killing a ghost army.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Doopliss posted:

The Chaos invasions are always a huge roadblock for me as vampires. No stationary targets to attack, a big east-west border they can hit me along, and a foe that's willing to retreat out of your terrain if you bring too much force. Eventually I just started conquering Kislev so I could intercept them at the Wastes and abusing ambush to stop them prancing all over the place.

Feeding Kislev large amounts of cash/keeping a trade agreement up/joining in with them against Norscans before they get too big will also help blunt the chaos invasion. If Kislev gets picked apart by the Norscans, there's nothing stopping them from rolling right down to your provinces before you've finished eating the Empire.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Chaos chariots and horsemen are just the worst part of the game. They're dumb to fight and you always have to hunt them down after a win.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Crush the breathers and/or the warm-bloods.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Half of those stacks are Norsca stacks, which are really kind of lame, and you can break up and eat piecemeal the others. Plenty of those stacks are only at half size, too. As always, large battles favor the Vampires, who can just pull new units straight up out of the ground after a fight with lots of losses.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I didn't see any TK ships, but I did see something that looked like a Vampire Pirate ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The world is full of bloodsucking bastards who brutalize the peasants and cover themselves in legitimacy with stupid names and titles of ownership, and also vampires.

• Locked thread