Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I haven't actually gotten around to taking Isabella for a spin, looking forward to seeing how your campaign develops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

quote:

I don't remember this ability affecting all enemies in a -100m range. If that's true this is a much more powerful ability than I realized. Most heroes don't even have as much melee attack as this ability takes off so you're nearly shutting down enemy damage in one area for 44 seconds.

The effect wording is a bit wonky but what it actually means is that it targets one enemy within 100 Meters of the caster. The wording for AoE abilities is different.

quote:

Armor adds to the chance that non-armor piercing damage and missile attacks will miss.

Strictly speaking, what armor does is roll for 50% or more of your full armor value, and then reduces non-armor piercing damage by that percentage. EG Isabella has 90 armor so for any given successful attack against her she reduces non-armor piercing damage by anywhere from 45-90%.

I really like how Isabella's posse of Vampires gives you the full spread of possible magic lores for Vampire Counts right out the gate. Granted Lore of Vampires is so powerful you don't especially need anything else but Death and Shadow are still very potent lores that open up some interesting options.

madmac fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 26, 2017

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Kanthulhu posted:

Trap is already sprung.

What's up with that necromancer just abandoning his lands and making a run for it? Is that something the AI actually does?

I've definitely had friendly AI's like beg me for military access and then flee across my borders with a two man army like some sort of refugees, so yeah it seems to be a thing the AI does when it registers it has absolutely no chance of holding what it has left.

OTOH, if you actually take all their territory they'll usually suicide against you and get it over with.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Night10194 posted:

It's kind of hilarious how everyone is hype for the lizards or rats, and no-one gives a poo poo about the two flavors of elf. :allears:

I mean I'm totally looking forwards to the Elves but they're not exactly the most unique or visually striking factions out of the four.

You didn't have a lot of people hyping Empire or Dwarves in the first game either and they're still two of the most popular races, while the Greenskins have great flavor and barely anyone actually plays them.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Mightypeon posted:

Kind of weird, Wood Elfs feel like a "DLC paid content and thus much better then rest" race in a way Beastmen and Warriors of Chaos do not.

What the DLC races (not counting Chaos, obviously) really benefit from is the new Characters and Campaign Army Buffs being way better than the very conservative design of the original factions.

Wood Elves are monsters in campaign and like, mid-tier in Multiplayer where they don't get all those techs and skill bonuses.

Beastmen actually get all kinds of crazy Single Player buffs too they just suck as an AI controlled faction and most of their Legendary Lords came before the "Actually, Legendary Lords should be bananas" design shift that started with Vlad. The DLC/FLC subfactions also tend to be way better than the originals, see Vlad, Skarsnik, Grombrindal, Morghur, ect.

Brettonia is kind of a weird counter-example because they're really strong but have barely any skills or techs that buff units at all in Campaign. Those special buildings and General traits, though.

• Locked thread