Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Glad another is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mzbundifund posted:

So if you have the movement points, there's no reason not to sack the town before occupying it?

Well you make everyone more unhappy there if you do.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Night10194 posted:

I don't think anyone's actions in that piece of poo poo can be held against them because that was so goddamn far off the rails it's not worth considering.

Everything with Malekith for example.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cythereal posted:

I'm reading it more as of course everyone knows the Skaven are in, but they're still hammering out details of how the Skaven will work before they say anything.

Also in lore the skaven are said not exist by the empire.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mukip posted:

The authorities totally know they exist, though.

I know.

"There are two lies about the Skaven, the first is that they don't exist, the second is that anyone believes the first."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Dark Elves ride dinosaurs which is pretty cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wiegieman posted:

Yes, Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers slowly petrify despite their bargain with Hashut. Dwarfs were made for craft, not magic.

Most Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers view it as a good thing at first as it just makes them tougher. But only up to a certain point were the side effects start to outpace the benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

madmac posted:

What the DLC races (not counting Chaos, obviously) really benefit from is the new Characters and Campaign Army Buffs being way better than the very conservative design of the original factions.

Wood Elves are monsters in campaign and like, mid-tier in Multiplayer where they don't get all those techs and skill bonuses.

Beastmen actually get all kinds of crazy Single Player buffs too they just suck as an AI controlled faction and most of their Legendary Lords came before the "Actually, Legendary Lords should be bananas" design shift that started with Vlad. The DLC/FLC subfactions also tend to be way better than the originals, see Vlad, Skarsnik, Grombrindal, Morghur, ect.

Brettonia is kind of a weird counter-example because they're really strong but have barely any skills or techs that buff units at all in Campaign. Those special buildings and General traits, though.

Morghur is awesome in a game of mine, he more or less defeated an entire wood elf army on his own after all the others in my army had routed.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 17, 2017

• Locked thread