Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

ZearothK posted:

I probably said this before, but I feel CA really dropped the ball by not giving the Von Carstein faction the exact same campaign objectives as the Empire.

(namely unite the provinces through conquest or diplomacy, take out Archaon and eliminate the Vampire Counts)

Yeah...considering that even in the end times when he was being forced to obey someone who WANTED the empire to die Vlad continued to help the Empire against Chaos when he had the chance. And here he isn't bound by Nagash. Vlad is only an evil race by nature of wanting to rule the Empire, and considering that Vlad is considered one of the best rulers in the setting..... doesn't seem like that bad of a thing really. Like the only people I feel like shouldn't be united against chaos in this game are the orcs and beastmen. And that's purely because the beastmen ARE chaos and the orcs want to beat chaos and everyone else, they really don't care about sides in any conflict so much as that they get to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
In the section before the fight against Boris Todbringer you put the results over the battle video then under it put the results in a spoiler. Didn't bother me a whole lot with how I read these but I figured I should inform you.

That aside, this has been a great LP that did actually improve my opinion of playing the vampire counts and inspired me to start up a few of my own campaigns in the game again. Prior to this they were on my list of never played factions along with the beastmen(mostly due to how new they were and a not being thrilled with the standard chaos campaign) and the empire. Now only the empire and beastmen are there, and the Carsteins are one of my favorite factions to play. So thank you for an excellent LP.

• Locked thread