Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I feel I should state that despite the fact the message only appears on turn 2, you can in fact recruit the other half of the marriage (regardless of who you start with) on the first turn.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Indecisive posted:

i beg to differ

(screenshot taken an hour ago on an unmodded game)

Huh, they must have changed it with the latest update, I certainly know that when I started a Von Carstein campaign as Vlad last week I could instantly recruit Isabella.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

genericnick posted:

That was true as of last patch. You can recruit Isabella immediately but you have to wait a turn for Vlad.

Wait, so if you play as Vlad you can instantly get Issabella, but if you pick Isabella you have to wait a turn for Vlad? That's... odd, to say the least.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

So if you have the movement points, there's no reason not to sack the town before occupying it?

Well, you'll damage the town, meaning some buildings will be damaged or destroyed, so you'll have to build them yourself. At higher levels of town, I'm pretty sure this means the city level would be degraded by a whole extra level (Eg sacking then occupying a level 5 town will turn it a level 3 town, whereas just occupying would make it level 4), though I might be wrong on this.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 29, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

John Charity Spring posted:

It also means the town you occupy will be less developed as sacking destroys buildings and even lowers town level.

That's what I said, though admittedly in a significant amount more words.

• Locked thread