Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Trujillo posted:

I may use a few mods that make cosmetic changes and mods that give minor settlements unique battle maps for more map variety but nothing that changes the game in a major way. I'll be posting footage of the battles and screenshots of the campaign side along with explanations of every mechanic/feature that comes up.

Wait, they've figured out how to get maps into the campaign already? Sweet!

Can you write up a list of what mods you'll be using btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I know about the mapmaker, I just thought it didn't have campaign integration yet.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Oh poo poo! That's a lot of maps. Any idea if this'll slot in with a campaign in progress?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CommissarMega posted:

Well, zombies were the most useless units in the original tabletop- they were meatshields, nothing more. That being said, from what I hear (never played as or against them meself) at only 3 points a model and raise dead spells allowing them to grow even beyond their initial size, they were great for plonking caster heroes in. Since VC heroes in the TT were hella expensive (but still worth their points to boot) and skeletons were hard to paint, I can see people taking hordes of those guys in their games, but not why you'd want them in Total Warhammer if there were any other choice.

Mostly you wanna summon them in the middle of a group of archers, in front of charging cavalry, or in the rear of an engaged melee line. You usually don't want to actually take them in an army.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Night10194 posted:

"MANFRED VON CARSTEIN YOU WILL COME DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT! And then you will go to your room. Betraying your father and getting him killed is a 100 years grounding, young man."

Followed by lecturing about 'What happened to your hair, you used to dress so well' and 'Please stop trying to sound like you chew gravel, it isn't fooling anyone.'

Back before the Carsteins were their own thing, I loved the fact that when you took Vlad it gave you a text blurb to the effect of "Mannfred is sulking in the basement like the little pussy that he is."

• Locked thread