Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Eastern Entente

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
:france: Entente, en avant!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Eastern Entente, please.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Central Powers

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Eastern Entente!

Central Powers are so overdone. If it were a binary between them and the Entente, then yeah, I could see it, but we get to mix it up here.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Eastern Entente

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012
Eastern Entente

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Eastern Entente, Russia doesn't get much ww1 love

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Eastern Entente
:ussr:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Eastern Entente.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Central Powers 18
Eastern Entente 16
Western Entente 7

Baron-of-hell
Jul 11, 2016
Eastern Entente

Human wave tactics all day every day. :ussr:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Croctoptsar

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I'd pick Central Powers, but also a question. Is there any relationship between this game and Ascaron's "World War One"?

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Eastern Entente!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Central Powers. Any chance that this game has the Caucasus in it, or am I hoping for too much?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Trin Tragula posted:

Central Powers. Any chance that this game has the Caucasus in it, or am I hoping for too much?

The entire world is represented, basically, including the Caucasus, but most non-European areas are represented by "boxes" at the edges of the map, which can move forces towards Europe (often via other boxes) but are typically far from the main fighting. Same goes for a lot of the colonial areas; boxes are also used for some diplomacy and commerce raiding stuff.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Central Powers, if only because I feel like the Russians will be boring to play.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Central Powers

Having played BoA2 and CW2 I'm curious (and a little horrified) to find out how AGEOD handles static fronts stretching from the mountains to the sea.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Central Powers.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Central Powers.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits
Central powers, lead the Habsburgs to victory again!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Central Powers

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Looks like Russia is about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again :smug:

on re-examination this joke doesn't make much sense

HannibalBarca fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 27, 2017

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Eastern Entente

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Central powers

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Central Powers . Teach those snooty frogs a lesson!

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Eastern Entente

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
You just played Germany, it's time for the Russian Response.

Eastern Entente

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

farraday posted:

You just played Germany, it's time for the Russian Response.

Eastern Entente

He just played Austria.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Central Powers 28
Eastern Entente 22
Western Entente 7

This was much closer than I thought, then again, I suppose Russia are also the underdogs in this timeline!
I'll give this about eight more hours then start work on the first proper update.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
In fairness, the underdogs aren't the Russians on the Eastern Front, it's the Austro-Hungarians! Who can't beat anyone without help thats not the Italians.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Антанта

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

MANime in the sheets posted:

He just played Austria.

They were still Germany at the time.

Eastern Entente.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Eastern Entente, especially if this includes Serbia.

Russia in WW1 is a pretty interesting beast, really, and not just for the Revolution which receives by far the lion's share of recognition. The thing about Russia in this time was potential, or rather unfulfilled potential, for the past decade Russia, partly fuelled by generous French loans, had been the most rapidly growing economy on Earth, industry had begun to be seriously developed and output multiplied year by year, more and more railroad was laid down (for the purpose of strengthening the system of strategic reserves) and illiteracy was halved during the 10 year period. However none of these developments had really been completed or run their course by the time the war cam, a fact known by others, such as Germany's military leadership, much of their fatalism when it came to accepting (or embracing) war in 1914 came from a conviction that it would be better to have a war with Russia now than 3 or 4 years down the line when her industrial output had further multiplied and her strategic railways were complete.

Then in the war Russia would suffer from the strategic, logistical and economic shortcomings it had because of this incomplete transformation. Significant loss of equipment, hard to replace, early in the war also did much to hamper Russian ability to conduct offensives and train troops, this led to some desperate strategies at the time (the whole "the man with the rifle shoots, the one without follows"-thing was actually something that happened from time to time in WW1). Still Russian formations routinely manhandled the Austro-Hungarians and the Turks throughout the war (alot of that probably came from early victories where the Turks suffered tens of thousands of casualties from not being properly equipped and trained for winter mountain warfare), and they had some competent enough commanders to pull of impressive offensive actions throughout the war, Brusilov offensive comes to mind.

Also hope this game manages to capture Serbia completely humiliating the Austro-Hungarians in their first unaided attempts to invade and punish the country.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
The players who picked the Western Entente should switch to their Eastern counter part.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Eastern Entente

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Sixkiller posted:

The players who picked the Western Entente should switch to their Eastern counter part.

or they should switch to the other faction that can substantively play the naval game! (I'm guessing here tbh, for all I know the HSF loses every time)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Does this even represent the naval war? It's an AGEOD game so I'm assuming it uses some unholy abomination of cards and off-board boxes or something to try and approximate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Western Entente
As a sucker for lost causes

• Locked thread