Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mittelmächte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Winning the war as the Entente again would only be really interesting if you could create a different postwar world and watch it play out a little.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C, let's see the British justify invasion this time!

2C, historically Serbia proved way tougher than assumed, and this was we can actually accomplish Plan A's objective.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I thought 1C was the defensive plan. Uh oh.

Change vote to Kronprinz and Koenig

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

Historically Bulgaria didn't join the war until 1915, which means Grey probably has loads of opportunities to drive them into the arms of the Entente.

They had everything to gain from joining the CP and nothing from siding with the Entente except weak promises of negotiating with Serbia for territory. The issue is them staying neutral.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That map screen should be using the 48-star flag for the US and the Beiyang flag for China. :eng101:

Pull the Turks in ASAP, we need fodder distraction allies.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Okay let's leave the Turks out until Britain is basically committed.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I should've voted for playing Russia, then the Germans would be winning! :argh:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

I'll try and remember to show the pre battle screen - I'd love to show the screen that shows WHERE THE BATTLE IS TAKING PLACE, but for some reason nothing I do allows me to get a screenshot, so you have to live with the end of battle report.

Ctrl-PrtSc?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Maslovo posted:

Wait, why was von Moltke sacked for not taking paris if taking paris was not part of the plan?:psyduck:

Event text presumably doesn't change depending on battle plans. The Kaiser sacked him because the war wasn't over by Christmas.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

quote:

At a dinner with Churchill, Ribbentrop had said that, in a future war with Britain, Germany would have the Italians on its side. Churchill, referring to Italy’s poor record in the First World War, responded with one of his devastating verbal flashes: “That’s only fair – we had them last time.”

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Gas, gas, quick boys!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

We really screwed the pooch by focusing on the Russians, huh?

On the bright side the war's probably going to kill a lot fewer people.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

JcDent posted:

Kitchener is going to march into Berlin, isn't he?

Also, the obscure VLADIMIR NIKOLAEVICH Gorbatovskii should be commanding the 12th army corpus, at least by one book on the internet.

"Home before the Leaves are Back!"

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's a testament to your skill at these games that we picked the worst tactics possible and we still might win.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

They're all complex and obtuse as gently caress, but I think this one is suffering from trying to do a scale and type of warfare they really can't. They do old-style smaller roving armies, not giant front lines grinding into each other.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The "Lions led by Donkeys" idea of WWI leadership is generally an exaggeration not held up by historical analysis. This was not the case with General Cadorna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

glynnenstein posted:

It's been a fascinating LP so far, but more in an "jesus, ageod." way than a "this is cool" way.

Same. I kind of tuned out after it became clear the game was not working as advertised. Completely ignoring France was boneheaded, but the pockets we made not being closeable, every battle being a mobile one, etc.

• Locked thread